Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a 3" lift with 32" terms and 14" MSA's on my Maverick and installed sport low, should I go ahead and start looking at clutches, if so what's the best one, or upgraded tie rods and so on and so forth. I mainly trail ride through mud and creeks, and I'm never the one to put my machine in a gauge bind if I'm completely stuck, thanks for the help

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
With those tires….you need aftermarket tie rods. I have CT Racing Tie rods and front gussets and they are very nice parts. Next on the list would be a QSC primary and STM secondary from Kris at Cold Blooded Performance. Then get some gauges to monitor everything. I picked up some cheap Sunpro gauges from Jegs for $19.95 and then installed a belt temp gauge from Alba Racing compliments of Nate…..

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg IMG_0255.JPG IMG_0254.JPG IMG_0235.JPG IMG_0231.jpg

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I think with the size of your tires a clutch is a requirement to keep any performance. Which one is best depends on your priorities. Where does cost fall in those priorities? You can spend anywhere from $800 to $3000 on clutches depending on what you want it to do. Do a search on clutches and figure out what you need it to do & what you want to spend for that. Then the choice will come to you.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
With those tires….you need aftermarket tie rods. I have CT Racing Tie rods and front gussets and they are very nice parts. Next on the list would be a QSC primary and STM secondary from Kris at Cold Blooded Performance. Then get some gauges to monitor everything. I picked up some cheap Sunpro gauges from Jegs for $19.95 and then installed a belt temp gauge from Alba Racing compliments of Nate…..

View attachment 3920

View attachment 3922 View attachment 3923 View attachment 3924 View attachment 3925 View attachment 3926

I like where you put the belt temp gauge. Nice gauge arrangement. Starting to look like a damn plane cockpit with all them gauges. :)

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks….I actually bought an angled gauge backing plate so I could angle the gauge up and toward the driver but when I got the gauge I realized it has a threaded back so I couldn't use it. All in all, I like the layout as well as they are all very easy to see……next on the list is the Sport Low mod and fan override and of course my QSC/STM clutches from Kris but I have a another week or so before they ship!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts