Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put a 3" lift with 32" terms and 14" MSA's on my Maverick and installed sport low, should I go ahead and start looking at clutches, if so what's the best one, or upgraded tie rods and so on and so forth. I mainly trail ride through mud and creeks, and I'm never the one to put my machine in a gauge bind if I'm completely stuck, thanks for the help

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
With those tires….you need aftermarket tie rods. I have CT Racing Tie rods and front gussets and they are very nice parts. Next on the list would be a QSC primary and STM secondary from Kris at Cold Blooded Performance. Then get some gauges to monitor everything. I picked up some cheap Sunpro gauges from Jegs for $19.95 and then installed a belt temp gauge from Alba Racing compliments of Nate…..

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel

Vehicle Yellow Bumper Auto part Automotive exterior Yellow Tire Auto part Brake Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Yellow Auto part Tire Suspension part Vehicle Suspension Auto part Chassis Tool Pipe Cylinder

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I think with the size of your tires a clutch is a requirement to keep any performance. Which one is best depends on your priorities. Where does cost fall in those priorities? You can spend anywhere from $800 to $3000 on clutches depending on what you want it to do. Do a search on clutches and figure out what you need it to do & what you want to spend for that. Then the choice will come to you.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
With those tires….you need aftermarket tie rods. I have CT Racing Tie rods and front gussets and they are very nice parts. Next on the list would be a QSC primary and STM secondary from Kris at Cold Blooded Performance. Then get some gauges to monitor everything. I picked up some cheap Sunpro gauges from Jegs for $19.95 and then installed a belt temp gauge from Alba Racing compliments of Nate…..

View attachment 3920

View attachment 3922 View attachment 3923 View attachment 3924 View attachment 3925 View attachment 3926

I like where you put the belt temp gauge. Nice gauge arrangement. Starting to look like a damn plane cockpit with all them gauges. :)

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks….I actually bought an angled gauge backing plate so I could angle the gauge up and toward the driver but when I got the gauge I realized it has a threaded back so I couldn't use it. All in all, I like the layout as well as they are all very easy to see……next on the list is the Sport Low mod and fan override and of course my QSC/STM clutches from Kris but I have a another week or so before they ship!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts