Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to pull the trigger on purchasing a Maverick XMR for use in the various Florida mud parks. Sounds odd but the primary users will be my 16 YO daughter and my wife.

I definitely want to buy used and am looking for details on the model year differences of the XMR. We don't need the fastest or newest model just one that they can get in the mud and play.

I've found that the XMR started in '14 but am curious of the evolution over the model years. I've searched the web for hours now for a breakdown between the years and kind of understand but looking for the combined wisdom of this group for input.

Thanks in advance, Ken

·
Registered
583 Posts
Welcome, do you want the first gen maverick or the the maverick x3? 2 different machines and both come in xmr (snorkle) versions

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Welcome from NW Oregon!
Yes, I would research the different generations for feature/mechanical differences and price point.
I'm and X3 advocate but it may not be needed. Be careful as many first choose the lesser models, then once they get out and around others wish they had made a different decision.

·
Premium Member
11,159 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. IMO, try and get an X3 XMR. Much better machine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, from what I can see the X3 was introduced in 2017. Looks like my research into the differences continues.

Horsepower is not the main concern. Mainly want the mud tires and the snorkeling from the factory.

I understand the newer ones are better but I'm seeing the early 2014-15 versions around here for around $11k so I have to wonder that since my 16 year old will be the main driver if this may not be a good place to start instead of the 50%+ higher price tag of a newer one.

How bad are the older ones?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Older generation maverick are awesome to be honest. The 2 seater turbo models were actually pretty fast and durable from my experience

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, a couple years back we had an XMR 1000R following us on my buddies swamp buggy for the whole day. They never got stuck once and I was amazed. At times they had water up to their chests while driving. I kept waiting to have to throw em a line and it never happened.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll repost in the XMR forum since this is the intro section. Don't want to clog up the wrong section.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts