Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has had two identical units side by side, one with the EPI and one with the Dalton clutch kits installed and what was the outcome? I don't have the money for the aftermarket so I'm trying to decide what kit to go with. I like "snappy" power, not concerned with top end. Any other manufacturers out there? Sorry, but I know this topic has probably been beat to death but I did a search and didn't find what I was looking for. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
welcome to the forum and let me forewarn you that you will most likely get some heckling and be told to use the search function......I don't recall if there has been a side by side comparison of the 2 drop in kits to speak of......both have received good feedback from those who purchased them as long as you aren't expecting the same performance gains you can get from a complete clutch swap.....

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks heavyseldz, I know all about the heckling from the other sites, that's why I stated that I did a search and didn't find what I was looking for. I know everyone usually likes what they buy (even if they don't) that's why I was looking for a comparison. I'm a "ditch banger" if you will, thought about putting one of these kits in and also the black/violet spring even tho I' running stock tire just so it will be snappier down low. anyone tried this?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
honestly speaking.....if you want quicker acceleration, you really need an aftermarket primary......the smaller bearings will let you take off in a lower gear which translates into quicker acceleration. A clutch "kit" will only allow you to dial in the clutches to the correct RPM and improve the back shifting slightly......I would just save your pennies until you can at least buy a clutch set.

Reactions: BRETT and PLAY-DOH
1 - 5 of 5 Posts