Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last sxs was a 09 rzr which I added PS, roktek 3" lift with 2" wheelspacers, 28" greamreapers, Donaldson airbox, and some cosmetic goodies.....I had it for two years and then needed to bail for lack of time and finance. FF to now, I'm ready buy new and was hoping to get some input from you guys on the three I have narrowed down to. xp1k, WCx, mav xrs/XCc.

Things I like; comfort while flying over moguls and rocks. Suspension. stability. acceleration. top end. I'm a big guy so roomy is nice too.
Thanks!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Roomy? then Mav all the way, i sat in XP1 prior to buying the XRS and it was no where near the room or cosmetics of the Mav. I am very happy with purchase and i am/was very new to this field.

Happy shopping :)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I personally like the xrs over the xxc. Better shocks and more stable. As far as what to choose I'd say drive them all, research them and choose. To me the wc is a turd tho. Way too many problems. I looked for 6 months before I pulled the trigger and I couldn't be happier

·
Registered
206 Posts
I bought the xxc since the trails I ride mostly are narrow but wish I had some more ground clearance. If you ride wider trails I'd go with the xrs for the added clearance in the rocks. As far as the xrs being more stable I would say its not from what I can tell riding both. Rode with an xp1k this weekend and that thing is beast but very big if you into woods riding

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
And I mean...you save 4 inches...count em 1, 2, 3, 4...with the XXC. Could 4 inches make a difference? Sure...but rarely. That's my take on it. You lose 2 inches of ground clearance, lose a better ride, and it's not as stable. All that for 4 inches? Not for me.

·
Registered
527 Posts
And I mean...you save 4 inches...count em 1, 2, 3, 4...with the XXC. Could 4 inches make a difference? Sure...but rarely. That's my take on it. You lose 2 inches of ground clearance, lose a better ride, and it's not as stable. All that for 4 inches? Not for me
Another way to look at it is that only 2" on each side, To me, I hardly ever get in that tight of spots where 2" would make or break me. Also, if you are just the slightest bit off camber, the tires sticking out past the body help keep you from smashing up the body! body's are the same on xxc and xrs

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I hope you didnt ask this question on the Mav forum and expect to get anything different than what your getting. I bet it will be the same on the other brands forums. Each brand has it's positives and negatives, so the hardest part is figuring out which one will suit you the best. good luck.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I personally like the xrs over the xxc. Better shocks and more stable. As far as what to choose I'd say drive them all, research them and choose. To me the wc is a turd tho. Way too many problems. I looked for 6 months before I pulled the trigger and I couldn't be happier
Like Driller, I researched for almost a year befor deciding on the Maverick. Suspension wise, the Acrtic Cat is hard to beat. Thats about the only thing it really has going for it. I was close to getting an XP 900 (the 1000 wasn't out at the time) but never felt comfortable in it. The I test drove the Maverick (twice) and bought one less than a week after the 2nd test drive. All the SxS's have short comings, but in my eyes the Mavericks were fewer and easier to deal with. Test drive them all, research them all, and buy what fits your needs and wants. Then ride the bastard to you hearts content. LoL

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I've seen this post over on the rzr side also. Everyone or at least in the beginning is pushing the xp1000. Frank is pushing the dealer make or break you also which is true. Advice from both forums are telling you to test drive and decided what's best for you. But please, if you decide on the xp1000, have them throw a fire extinguisher in with the deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: heavysledz

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I've seen this post over on the rzr side also. Everyone or at least in the beginning is pushing the xp1000. Frank is pushing the dealer make or break you also which is true. Advice from both forums are telling you to test drive and decided what's best for you. But please, if you decide on the xp1000, have them throw a fire extinguisher in with the deal!

and roadside assistance!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes thanks guys. I have posted this same post on each corresponding forums for the big 3 models I'm looking into. I have been surprised that brand loyalty has not been huge on either......yes there is favoritism but that's understandably because folks hang where the brand they chose is being talked about.
The dealer issue is not on my criteria as the two I use have the 3 brands covered and I have a great relationship with each. For me the mav was the tightest and I really don't care for the center console that keeps my legs tight. I am familiar with brp sleds and they are tops. However, I have a friend who just picked up a mav xcc an has already broke both tie rods and something out back. The motor I like a lot, but I am concerned with the suspension. I gotta say that as of now I am leaning toward the WC X limited........for its premium susp w/elka shocks. Concesus seems to be it handles and rides the best, slower than the mav and xp1k.......but that must not be by much. I understand many feel its less reliable and would have possibly less value retention.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Like Driller, I researched for almost a year befor deciding on the Maverick. Suspension wise, the Acrtic Cat is hard to beat. Thats about the only thing it really has going for it. I was close to getting an XP 900 (the 1000 wasn't out at the time) but never felt comfortable in it. The I test drove the Maverick (twice) and bought one less than a week after the 2nd test drive. All the SxS's have short comings, but in my eyes the Mavericks were fewer and easier to deal with. Test drive them all, research them all, and buy what fits your needs and wants. Then ride the bastard to you hearts content. LoL
Solid sound advice!

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Andy and Driller have given you the best advice.

Test drive them all, if you can. That will make the decision much easier.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Andy and Driller have given you the best advice.

Test drive them all, if you can. That will make the decision much easier.
I thought my advice was accurate!!! Lol...

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
You too! Lol

Reactions: sprinks542

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
yes thanks guys. I have posted this same post on each corresponding forums for the big 3 models I'm looking into. I have been surprised that brand loyalty has not been huge on either......yes there is favoritism but that's understandably because folks hang where the brand they chose is being talked about.
The dealer issue is not on my criteria as the two I use have the 3 brands covered and I have a great relationship with each. For me the mav was the tightest and I really don't care for the center console that keeps my legs tight. I am familiar with brp sleds and they are tops. However, I have a friend who just picked up a mav xcc an has already broke both tie rods and something out back. The motor I like a lot, but I am concerned with the suspension. I gotta say that as of now I am leaning toward the WC X limited........for its premium susp w/elka shocks. Concesus seems to be it handles and rides the best, slower than the mav and xp1k.......but that must not be by much. I understand many feel its less reliable and would have possibly less value retention.

Yes, the wc x is gonna beat everything suspension wise,no doubt about it there. When say comfort or tightness, maverick all the way. Personally I do not like to rub shoulder to shoulder with my passenger as you do in the xp's themself. Not knocking you for answering but in all honesty your decision not our. As said from others you need to drive each and get what best suits your needs.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You are always gonna wish youd have bought the XRS after all
Most likely a true statement.
Thats why Sandshark spends more time on this forum than the Rzr forum when he owns an XP1K.
Not only is the Mav a better SxS, but our froum is better as well.!! :big smile:

·
Registered
371 Posts
I had a 900xp that was stolen last year, when I went to get a new one I looked at the Wildcat X hard. I liked the looks and suspension however they just had to many/to common motor issues that cause prolonged downtime, and major money if out of warranty. I was really wanting the xp1000 until I found they use the same huffy bike size chain for reverse as does the 900. I broke the chain on my 900 backing up a sandy trail it cracked the trans cases missed all of last summer riding for that to get fixed. They all have issues but to me the maverick had the easiest and cheapest to address. Tie rods are a huge/widely known weak point a $50 set of tie rods fixes that. The center motor makes some extra cab heat and noise again I spent around $50 on heat/sound insulation solved that. The xp1k cathcing on fire is a little more costly of a fix. I bought the dps model and love the adjustable power steering. Also meant I got the QE diff and it has performed great. Might not be as good as the rzr's front diff but I'll take it any day over having a chain in the trans for reverse. That is just waiting to break and fly thru the cases. Not to mention all the front driveshaft issues. Hell just opening the glove box on the xp and the maverick will tell you alot about the attention to quality and fit between the 2. Fisher price could of made a better interior then polaris. That said if I had the money to have both I would as I'm sure there are some areas on the trail where the xp shines and aftermarket support.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Newbie here. I'm in market for a new SXS could use some thoughts WCx, XP1K...

You forgot shocks bending and piston ring lands cracking using oil ect...... One thing you never hear of from a canam sxs or atv Is it's smoking With a polaris motor it's a hit or miss if your motor will use oil I think the xp1k is a badass ride but I wouldn't buy one just because I have a 50/50 chance it will need a topend in 3000 miles no thank you

1 - 20 of 43 Posts