Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a left over base 1000r. I previously owned a 2012 teryx4, which was a beast. I was looking for a little more speed so here I am:). I'm trying to figure out the accessories I need. So far I'm gonna purchase the superatv nerf bars, a winch, and a stereo. My question is will a Jensen ms30 fit in the console adaptor. I believe it is the right diameter just not sure if it is too deep. Not certain what is behind the dash. Lots of great info on this forum but couldn't find the answer to this on a search. Eventually will be a lift and tires but need to wait until my 6 month warranty runs out. Looking forward to learning a lot more from u guys.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome Joe! Enjoy your new Maverick. Good luck sorting out your stereo, sorry i have no idea on your question. Adam

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the forum & congrats. Sorry can't help ya with the stereo since I use an iPod.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ya it should fit, it's 3 inch in diameter you will need the new dash plate for it. You won't hear that when riding unless you add an external amp with it though. Welcome to the forums, where in mich you from?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I was wondering if the 160 watts on the ms30 would be enough to power the speakers and hear them while riding. Where are guys mounting amplifiers? I live in the upper peninsula.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Mounting above the glovebox thats where im mounting mine. Alot of guys are mounting them on the bottom of roof. I dont want to look at it or the wires. Plus i have bimini roof so that really wont work. Just have to get creative i guess. Most amps used in sxs. are mini amps alot smaller than a regular sized amp so you have more places to put them. Try to put it somewhere it isnt going to get wet.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Or put it inside your glove box

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Good to have you join the group! Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Welcome, and enjoy the mass amount of information and fellowship that comes with this forum.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
welcome to the forum and enjoy the ride! Don't forget the reliability and safety upgrades.....tie rods are a must and front gussets if you plan on getting on it pretty hard. Harness bar and full 4 or 5 point harnesses......you don't realize you need them until it is too late!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts