Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new to can am and this forum, having a couple issues and hope you guys can help me out. So I'll start by saying I'm off to a rough start, I had 10 miles on my machine and it overheated, before it was in any mud or dust. It continued to leave us standing around waiting two more times so not super impressed. I think there may be air in the cooling system so I'm going to vacuum fill it and see if this solves my problem. I had one other small gripe with this unit and i was wondering if there is a fix, I've found this machine to be very noisy and vibrate quite a bit particularly at certain rpms and at these rpms it resonates through the frame making it so my wife and I cant even talk in there, is this typical? Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Oh sorry it's a 2019 x3 xmr turbo

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
is the cooling fan coming on or a leak?
noise, yes these are very noisy
most go with headsets or ear plugs...problem salved
those tires are vibrating beasts

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Your tires suck ass unless all you do is mud. 120hp buggies seem to be louder than the bigger hp buggies. My dealer buddy said it’s from the clutch weights being different . Idk. These are made to be self bleeding so it reality it’s should bleed itself unless you have another problem. Make sure your fan is coming on first. Then go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
243 Posts
Welcome! I have seen a couple 2020’s where the fan pigtail was not completely plugged in causing the fan not to come on.

These have a clutch rattle/noise at certain rpm’s, you can search that on here. Noise relocation kit will help get that sound out of the cab.

Those tires will add some vibration to.

When you buy a high performance buggy, expect high performance noises.
Headsets will fix the talking problem, even though most seem to like not being able to hear the other in the car.

Little less air in the tires may smooth the ride out some.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses, I guess I'll have to run it by the dealership
for the overheating issue, fan is on until the electrics go to sleep. The machine hadn't seen any dirt or mud just riding the road to get to the fun stuff before it overheated the first time, the couple subsequent overheats we had been in some holes so maybe, didnt seem dirty while I washed it though. I can deal with the noise but the potential for the horsepower upgrade to solve it will be how that gets sold to the wife 🤣. Thanks again guys I'll keep you posted on the overheating issue just in case any good info comes out of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an update for anyone that may be having cooling issues, my radiator had swelled so much air could not pass through it. Wierd considering I only over heated once, (warning on display) and am sitting at 50 kms. I babied it back to the truck and watched to make sure I never exceeded 6 bars. Anyway something for people to consider. Sucky part mid July to get a radiator. Didnt think parts availability would be this bad, particularly on a brand new machine!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts