44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
took rage 6 home haha....

thanks stm

Attachments

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
What is that? Part of a garden rototiller?? Just kidding.. im.just jealous... nice clutch! ! :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah they do make a very nice looking product and they work pretty good also

·
Registered
367 Posts
too pretty to install.
I was quoted $2,100.00 for the full system(RAGE 6)...YIKES!

·
Registered
367 Posts
you should do some before and after timed testing and post it here for all the world to see.
please?
; )

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, I am back after half year of waiting! And finally with my rage6 primary and secondary intalled last night. A brand new oem belt as well. For now, the stm is the only mod on my mav.

questions:

1. there is no one way bearing on stm primary, which I dont have engine brake anymore, is the engine brake important?

2. do I suppose to feel more power or more torque right after the installation? which I dont really notice the different between the stm and oem. Should I tune something?

Anything wrong with my installation work? It cannot be like that, more than $2000 worth product......

thanks for your time

Eric

·
Registered
545 Posts
ok, I am back after half year of waiting! And finally with my rage6 primary and secondary intalled last night. A brand new oem belt as well. For now, the stm is the only mod on my mav.

questions:

1. there is no one way bearing on stm primary, which I dont have engine brake anymore, is the engine brake important?

2. do I suppose to feel more power or more torque right after the installation? which I dont really notice the different between the stm and oem. Should I tune something?

Anything wrong with my installation work? It cannot be like that, more than $2000 worth product......

thanks for your time

Eric
Congrats on your STM.
1- you will have engine braking down to 8-10 mph range. Below that it will free wheel. Engine braking at a crawl is over rated. After a ride you will not miss it.

2- the STM does not make power, only delivers it more efficiently. Engagement RPM may be higher, and when you hit the power pedal it will accelerate better. The biggest advantage it the back shifting - aka it will not bog on big hills.

You may have to play with the tuning, not sure where you got it or who set it up, but some set ups are better than others.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Engine brake isn't a factory unless going down steep hills all the time
And then you'll get use to hitting the gas to control the machine

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
ok, thanks for your input, very helpful, first time doing a mod on my mav. and I got the primary and secondary from STMpowersports.com.

I think its better to run with my friends stock mav side by side, so I can see the difference.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am going to a local competition at the end of this month, the track condition is on the mountain dirt road with two muds area. With the STM factory setting, is it good for mud? Or should I do something to the STM clutch? does anyone have an instruction of how to tune the STM primary and secondary?

lots of questions, thanks alot

Eric

·
Registered
545 Posts
Three main things to tune on an STM-weights, springs, helix.
From the pics its a Rag6. Gold spring, (cant tell the weights) primary
Gen2 , gold spring (cant see the # on the helix) secondary.
What did STM spec on yours?
It should have come with tuning instructions - if not look on there web site, lots of good videos.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Shocks from Alex will help the most
I laugh to myself every time I go out and test them, def makes a huge difference
Agree with that 100%! If you cannot keep the wheels smoothly on the ground power will not matter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats on your STM.
1- you will have engine braking down to 8-10 mph range. Below that it will free wheel. Engine braking at a crawl is over rated. After a ride you will not miss it.

2- the STM does not make power, only delivers it more efficiently. Engagement RPM may be higher, and when you hit the power pedal it will accelerate better. The biggest advantage it the back shifting - aka it will not bog on big hills.

You may have to play with the tuning, not sure where you got it or who set it up, but some set ups are better than others.

what do you mean by "back shifting"?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Three main things to tune on an STM-weights, springs, helix.
From the pics its a Rag6. Gold spring, (cant tell the weights) primary
Gen2 , gold spring (cant see the # on the helix) secondary.
What did STM spec on yours?
It should have come with tuning instructions - if not look on there web site, lots of good videos.

thanks I will def check out the videos on their web.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts