Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
They are in bed with Arctic Cat on Snowmobiles. Do a google search on Yamacat. The official announcement is supposed to be tommorow but a picture was leaked earlier today of their new Viper snowmobile based on an Arctic Cat chassis with Yami power. Hence the snake in the teaser add.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I hope so, better for us all.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'm thinking a sled to, but could be wrong. I would like for yamaha to bring something to the table, you cant knock them for innovation since they have brought a lot to the powersports industry. Even if yamaha brought something out that trumps the maverick I am still 100% satisfied with my purchase.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Ya new v star bike 3-5-13 and snowmobile in 5 days !

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
there is no way yamaha is bringing a maverick beater to the table in 5 days, just wont happen ( now watch me eat those words...lol) but i would love to see them step it up and make us all take a good look, if they can take that step, the futire is good then. Yamaha is my favorite brand of pwc's (jet-ski). they make the best in that, so we know the technology is there,but i dont think they can come to the table right here, right now with a maverick rival, the future who knows.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm not understanding why they are revealing a new sled now. When winter is more than half over? Why wouldn't they have produced it so that they could atleast get sales after its revealed. I doubt anyone goes out and buys one if there is no snow on the ground whether its great or not!

·
Registered
998 Posts
The more I look at the pic the more I see it as snowmobile scenery with the trees.. I can't see them marketing a sport sxs out of this, but who knows

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
whats that web site for off road look up. i have been looking for that and cant find it. thanks
Looked on the California air resources website nothing new for a Yamaha atv or uv listed

·
Registered
39 Posts
A lot of people spring cheque a sled now, certain models are supposedly only available if you pre-order, but there is always a few cancellations.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yamaha has allways had good stuff, the problem with them is they design something then get the bugs worked out and keep it for 10 years or more. if they are going to reveal something new that's a sport machine I'm sure it will be good but it will have some bugs and weak links for the first 2 years since they have never put out as much power that would be needed to make sales

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm not understanding why they are revealing a new sled now. When winter is more than half over? Why wouldn't they have produced it so that they could atleast get sales after its revealed. I doubt anyone goes out and buys one if there is no snow on the ground whether its great or not!
The sled reveal is for the model yr 2014 sleds. All of the manufactures will be releasing their 2014 snowmobiles this month and next.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Arctic Cat cobranding agreement from the cat website

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....667&highlight=

Combines Arctic Cat’s snowmobile chassis and suspension with leading 4-stroke engines; Gives Arctic Cat customers broader range of snowmobile engine choices

MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 20, 2013-- Arctic Cat Inc. (NASDAQ: ACAT) announced today that it has entered into an engine supply agreement with Yamaha Motor Corporation, expanding Arctic Cat’s purchase of Yamaha snowmobile engines starting in the 2014 model year. Arctic Cat initially entered into an agreement to purchase Yamaha 123cc 4-stroke engines for its youth snowmobile in 2009. This agreement has now been expanded to include select 4-stroke engines from Yamaha.

Arctic Cat’s Snow Division Vice President and General Manager Brad Darling said, “The engine purchase agreement with Yamaha, combined with the engines that we plan to manufacture in house, will provide Arctic Cat’s customers with the most well-rounded engine choices when it comes to technology, reliability and horsepower.”

Arctic Cat’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Claude Jordan stated, “Our current Arctic Cat snowmobile chassis is renowned for its lightweight, bump control and precision handling. Combine that with the new performance engine options from Yamaha, as well as our state-of-the-art engine manufacturing facility in St. Cloud, Minnesota, and we guarantee there will be exciting years ahead for Arctic Cat enthusiasts.”

In addition to expanding the engine supply agreement with Yamaha, Arctic Cat also has expanded a co-branding agreement to build select Yamaha snowmobiles in Arctic Cat’s Thief River Falls, Minn., factory according to Yamaha’s specifications. This agreement began in 2012, with Arctic Cat building the Yamaha SRX 120 youth model snowmobile, and now will include full-size performance snowmobiles starting with model year 2014. These snowmobiles will be built to Yamaha specifications using Yamaha 4-stroke engines.

“We are pleased that our relationship with Yamaha continues to grow and with the opportunities ahead for both companies,” added Jordan. “Going forward, we believe this relationship will provide tremendous value to Arctic Cat, our customers, our dealers and our shareholders.”

Arctic Cat Inc. designs, engineers, manufactures and markets all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), side-by-sides and snowmobiles under the Arctic Cat® brand name, as well as related parts, garments and accessories. Its common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol “ACAT.” More information about Arctic Cat and its products is available at Arctic Cat.

Source: Arctic Cat Inc.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I work in the boating industry and one of our dealers posted on Facebook this morning that he was on his way to a Yamaha meeting to learn more about the new sled they are about to announce. It sure would have been nice to see Yamaha come to the plate with a sport UTV. I love my Maverick and our XP4, but I started with a Rhino and we had some great times in that thing. Let's hope it is coming in the near future. It would be great for the sport.

On another note, I remember reading an article a while back about Yamaha now counter sueing some of the A holes that sued them becasue of thier own stupidity in a Rhino. If I remember correctly, Yamaha actually won the first counter suit and it was speculated that this would put an end to most of the ridiculous lawsuits. I have had 2 freinds get majorly injured in a rhino rollover, but both knew good and well that it was their fault and never would have dreamed of sueing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts