Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone new to the forum and the UTV SXS world. I have been riding dirt bikes, Harley's and 4 wheelers most my life. Jumped in with two feet and pulled the trigger on a beautiful Octain Blue XDS Turbo. Gets delivered on Tuesday after having a Light Bar, LED whip, and 4 point restraints added.

I have been reading and looking up allot of parts you guys have listed in your Bio's. I wanted to know in your opinions what is the must have after market accessories. What should I do first? What has been the thing you have done to your rig that made it the best ride to drive?

Thanks for all your input I look forward to being part of the forum.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride. Light bar and harnesses are a good start. Like MN Mav said, gussets and tie rods are a good idea next. Depending on your budget...I'd suggest a set of doors. But again, depends on the riding you do.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got lucky on that one - Rig came with Dragonfire doors and roff. I see a lot of people running CT tie rods. how hard are these to install?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I got lucky on that one - Rig came with Dragonfire doors and roff. I see a lot of people running CT tie rods. how hard are these to install?
Wow that's good, those doors aren't cheap. Did you get the door graphics too? Tie rods are easy to change if you have basic tools/skills. The tricky part is getting your wheel alignment set afterwards...unless you have someone else do it.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
For were your running or anywhere, CT tie rods along with the gussets would be peace of mind for you. I purchased his kit and installed front & rear without much problem at all. Glad you got the harness and welcome.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, I bought the CT kit and will prob take it to a shop to have them do the welding on the spindle as do the alignment. Oldcanamman - that goes with out saying :) already test fitted the cooler.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts