Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So the dealer called and said they couldn’t install the power flip windshield because the mounts and hardware were missing from box so I guess no windshield now. Total cost for the Turbo RR now was $26,600.00 which was the best deal I found out of all the dealers I called. I will post a pic once it’s loaded in the morning. We still have about a 3 hour drive to get to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
244 Posts
It’s probably the best they didn’t put the window in for you. Lots of after market options on those plus they create some dust issues from behind. Read into the dust issues with front windows. I run a full window in the winter. Besides that I like a half window, sun visor, and goggles. Just like the open feeling.
Not sure if your handy or not but you can find great info on some excellent aftermarket parts on here. Buying and installing yourself can save a lot of loot over the dealership. Plus you know how it was installed if you do it.

My short list for a new buggy would be harnesses, roof, lighting if riding at night, back up cam and mirrors, spare belt and clutch tool, dot front window or intrusion bar, particle separator, and adjust the shock tune. I knocked out my safety concern first. Plus some hand tools for hose clamps and such.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Again I would go vented glass with wiper if you really need a windshield.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks! Going to get it broke in and take my time with upgrades. So many that I would want to do but I know I would regret soon after. I will just wait and take my time with them except for front and rear bumpers and maybe rock sliders. I will do other smaller things as I go along but like many have said the list goes on and on.

I don't normally do extended warranties because I don't keep cars long enough to get through factory warranties but since these only have 6 months I did buy a 3 year extended warranty. It has a $50 deductible which I didn't think was bad and cost me $1240

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just got the same thing, I didn't do warranty though. I will probably get insurance on it at least for a couple years.

I want to see more pictures of whatever badass trailer that is you have.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Thanks! Going to get it broke in and take my time with upgrades. So many that I would want to do but I know I would regret soon after. I will just wait and take my time with them except for front and rear bumpers and maybe rock sliders. I will do other smaller things as I go along but like many have said the list goes on and on.

I don't normally do extended warranties because I don't keep cars long enough to get through factory warranties but since these only have 6 months I did buy a 3 year extended warranty. It has a $50 deductible which I didn't think was bad and cost me $1240
I feel and proved an extended warranty can be worth every penny.
Some feel the need others don't. I'm a believer and thank goodness I have one. What's another $1200 when you will easily end up putting over $30-$40K into these.

First of all 6 months is almost meaningless with these sophisticated machines.

Second is their QC is horrible where there are many different things that can fail prematurely due to it which can easily exceed the cost of a warranty. And there can be many different reasons for the machine to throw a same code where diagnosis many times will not point to the particular issue which can be costly.

Third is the majority of dealers have no clue how to work on them along with BRP dealer service representation is no better with the way they diagnose issues. My warranty company in the first year (right after warranty expired) thew out over $4500 and over 7 weeks trying to diagnose and fix what was causing misfire codes/limp mode which failed. All they knew how to do was to throw parts at it by scripted method given by BRP or their incompetence. Ended up taking someone with actual experience with performance to figure out it only took a $45 part with at most an hour labor.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts