Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals! I'm now a proud part of the Can Am Family. My wife and I picked up a 2020 X3 Turbo from Outdoor Powersports in Gainesville, TX last weekend. Been lurking on this forum for a little bit and waiting for the right time to buy. So far I've only driven around the neighborhood but going to our local offroad park Saturday (8/1) and see how it does. Initial impressions are great. Especially coming from a 2018 Polaris Sportsman 1000XP. I've added front and rear bumpers, Yoshimura Exhaust, and OEM harnesses. Have some Method 405 being delivered this week with tires waiting in the garage (system 3). Can't wait to see what this platform has to offer and this community! CHEERS 馃嵒

Registered
Welcome from Southern AZ, I'd say break it in and start your mods, but too late

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Welcome from Tucson AZ, congrats. An X3 and a Raptor, doesn't get any better than that!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the hospitality guys!
@n2offroad ffroad Austin isn't but a 3 hr drive from Galveston. Would love to check out Hidden Falls sometime.
@lyhoftom I didn't plan on doing all that yet but found a local guy that wrecked his with 11hrs on the clock and he was parting those pieces out so I had to jump on them.
@Hollywood X3 lol! Yeah the pair kinda go hand in hand. Best of both worlds on each!

Registered
Congratulations
Welcome from wherever our truck parks our home for the night
Westlake OR

Barbara

Sent from LBR Logistics

Registered
2017 CanAm X3 XRS
Hello from NTX area. We are heading to Disney OK this weekend to go riding. Tons of great stuff in our area. Good to see others jumping off the popo bandwagon

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
@JDBPFLYER lot of AZ love! I appreciate it
@2017x3xrs really wish we lived closer. It was over 5hrs to Gainesville and the dealership gave me passes to their park in Davis, OK. We are planning to go next month and camp out.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13

Registered
2017 CanAm X3 XRS
That was what I thought you were talking about in Davis. It is a nice place and full of rocks, rocks, and more rocks. 2 machines in our group broke stuff so make sure you have someone with you or else its a long ass walk back to the truck.

Mena and Pine Mountain are fun. For cabin rentals by Pine Mountain check out Big Bucks Cabin rentals. Really nice cabin and secluded away from the nonsense.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
That was what I thought you were talking about in Davis. It is a nice place and full of rocks, rocks, and more rocks. 2 machines in our group broke stuff so make sure you have someone with you or else its a long ass walk back to the truck. View attachment 258643

Mena and Pine Mountain are fun. For cabin rentals by Pine Mountain check out Big Bucks Cabin rentals. Really nice cabin and secluded away from the nonsense.
Oh no kidding? Good to know! Not much rock terrain down here.
Thanks for the recommendations. We plan on traveling a lot more now that all our group has SXS.

Registered
welcome from temple. been to marble falls several times. make sure you check if they are open before you leave. they will close for group events.

there is another nice park in Gilmer, they have cabins for rent there. nice place, another rock crawler park.

my favorite is up in arkansas mountains. been to mena several times. pretty easy riding, but lots of lodging options that you can ride from, no trailering. to keep from getting in a rant, the last time there is the last time i'll go. too tame, too many tree huggers.

fourche mountain just north of mena, and i really enjoyed this system. the mapped, or authorized trails of the system you can cover in a day. haven't spent enough time there to find more. someone finally opened an rv park close to it.
Fourche Mountain Adventures Campground you can ride from mena (wolf pen gap or wpg) to fourche mountain. its about 30 miles up there. really nice drive on old country backroads. round trip we did 100 miles.

there is moccassin gap trails near dover ar. we stayed at macs pines. great place, great trails, lots of riding and exploring can be done.

headed to mulberry mountain just above ozark off I-40 in arkansas in august. haven't been there yet, but from vids and research, tons of riding to be done. so far only found 2 campgrounds that offer lodging, so finding a cabin can be tough on last minute plans.

as you can tell, i love to ride, get excited talking about it too. i am always up for a ride in arkansas.

Registered
2017 CanAm X3 XRS

Disney OK is pretty cool place to ride. Has rocks like moab and little like crossbar all combined.

Registered
I'm a fellow Raptor and X3 owner in Dallas. I'm at TexPlex a lot and going to hit a few of the OK places this fall. Welcome!

Registered
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
@2017x3xrs man Disney OK looks pretty cool. We will have to check it out!
@XLR_8 whats going on bud! The two machines are so similar in there characteristics! Maybe I'll see out in OK! Down here in the Galveston/ Houston area all we have are mud parks. Which is still cool but im ready for a change in scenery.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts