Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Being new to the X3 Platform coming from an OG maverick I was hoping to learn from everyone's mistakes.

If you have a time can you post the accessory/upgrade/addon you regret wasting a dime on, and possibly the item you felt was the best money you have spent on you X3?

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
speakers, amplifiers and tv screens were a waste of money in an old sxs, Rugged radio intercom for the win.

paint job waste of money

shitty HCR suspension for my OG maverick waste of money, HCR just extended a shitty BRP suspension and didn't make sure it worked

·
Registered
531 Posts
I regret the last month of Polaris ownership and dumping $10k into my 4 seat RZR on LSR MT, stage V Elkas, 570 CVs, 300M axles, 300M tie rods, power steering and seats to have it ride like a rickshaw; I sold it a month later when the 18 X3 came out. I have no regrets on the X3. I did the research and installed nearly all of the recommended gussets and fixes before ever driving it. These forum members recommended all of the key upgrades to hopefully avoid trashing my frame. Endless knowledge here, just have to ask the question (after searching)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Biggest regret was not having an X3 in 2014..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I have alot of crap on my X3 if i were to do it all over again, I just would've just did the Shock therapy and the Blue tooth for tunes.

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
X33 on the can am mirrors that mount on the cage, if you want mirrors get a pair of seizmiks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad to read the replies. I have an 16 OG maverick, but I have all the stuff I wasted money on stored in shed. I am hoping not to do that with the new one when it gets here.

·
Premium Member
9,124 Posts
Glad to read the replies. I have an 16 OG maverick, but I have all the stuff I wasted money on stored in shed. I am hoping not to do that with the new one when it gets here.
Good luck with that! Let me know how that works out, LOL!

I went from 30" paddles, to 31.5" paddles, to 32" paddles. I could care less if they ever design a 33" or 35" paddle. Lost enough money with the first 2 sets, I'm not changing again.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Good luck with that! Let me know how that works out, LOL!

I went from 30" paddles, to 31.5" paddles, to 32" paddles. I could care less if they ever design a 33" or 35" paddle. Lost enough money with the first 2 sets, I'm not changing again.
Those 30s work great, BTW:p Well, except they keep turning my car over...

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Sont have any, just searched the forum and made decisions from reading others regrets and wins. You start reading threads and the things that really work will start to stand out to you quickly.
I guess I did lie about one thing however when I got it it was the only option on the market. Switched it for an AIM belt temp gauge and love it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I personally like the can am cage mirrors. They seem to work well enough for me.

I don't have anything I wouldn't have bought yet. Don't have a lot of extra stuff though I guess... Lower doors, door bags, cage mirrors, rock blocker type flaps inside the back on the arms, winch, roof, and windshield.

I guess if I had to pick one, I probably should have got the can am windshield instead of the super atv one. I dont like the style of velcro straps that are on it. Wish they were mounted to the shield instead of having to fish the velco through them to loop it every time I want to put it on.

Steve

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am waiting to see of the doorbags still work with the new door handles. The rock blocker's I am trying to figure out which one is best, as well as windshield I think I may end up with the can-am glass.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The OEM ones do.

Here's a pic with oem door handles and bags

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the pictures. I was at the dealer today and they have gotten a set of the BRP Aluminum Doors I asked to see, with the door handles I think I am going to get them and would have the same look, I am glad they work.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts