Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 60 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
easy fellas! e-z. visco does suck for certain things no1 needs to get all offended , the mav is gona without doubt be my machine and ill stand by it no matter what! but truth is what it is. not taking anybodies side here, but txchristopher is considering a mav. so i dnt think hes against this machine? he just saying it comes up! but if you go back and read the post , especially this 1 usually its some1 that doesnt have experience with any can am just seen videos or have ridden with them! they usually say something to the effect of well its a deal breaker for me with that crap visco! then glamisfan replied and give his insight! so does it come up? yes but alot of times it is provoked! by others. reality is , it could be better ! but its not gona sway me from getting the unit. soooooooooooooooo! (cant we all just get along) lol.

·
Registered
791 Posts
You are right TX the Visco-Lok does suck when it comes to technical driving situations.

Can-Am owners are forced to defend it because the Fanboys of the other brands know it can be a weakness and use it to attack Can-Am owners.

The truth is if you are just riding the sand in Glamis or ripping through mud holes, the Visco-Lok is actually the best front diff around. No buttons to push, no levers to pull, no intricate parts to break or wear out (i.e: the cage in the Polaris diff). Just a rock solid diff that can handle all kinds power and abuse with virtually no maintenance, that acts like an open diff when steering, and pulls with all four when you have it to the floor through mud, snow or sand without any extra thought from the driver or complex systems.

That being said, If you ride often in off camber situations the Visco Lok can be your worst enemy like all the haters like make it out to be. It will usually get you by, but not with way more pi**ing around than should be required. (The vid you posted clearly demonstrates what I am talking about)

For me I could get by with the regular visco lok, I ride a lot of mud and do a mud racing circuit in the summer, it would work fine for that. But I also do a lot a valley riding in technical terrain and I do not want to be the one always asking for a pull, or having others wait for me because it took two or three tries to get up.

So; I will be shelling out another $1000 bucks for the QE diff. I have experience with the QE diff on a couple of Can-am atv's and I can tell you they do pretty much eliminate wheel slippage before lockup and are rock solid durable just like the original Visco. In a technical crawling situation, I have never been left wanting more than the QE on my quads.

But, I can also tell you QE is not the entire answer to the Visco problem. QE results in increased steering effort in 2x4 and 4x4 (some may want power steering to compensate). Also, the difference in the wheel speed of your front tires when turning sharply is enough to, at least partially, engage the QE Visco, causing drag on your inside tire, and in a lot of cases causing the front end to push in a turn,(2x4 or 4x4 makes no difference) resulting in a poorer turning radius than could otherwise be achieved with the normal Visco Lok or an open front diff.

Ultimately the front diff is not a deal breaker for me, I can live with the QE for now.

But, if Can-Am wants to put this to bed once and for all, they need to come up with a full lock option at the flick of a switch, for the regular Visco Lok front diff.. This would be the ultimate. It would be hands down better than any competitive front diff. The best of both worlds. Owners of other brands would be trying to find a way to install the Can-Am diff in their units. Will this ever happen? Who knows.
Is Can-Am listening? I sure as he** hope so.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
easy fellas! e-z. visco does suck for certain things no1 needs to get all offended , the mav is gona without doubt be my machine and ill stand by it no matter what! but truth is what it is. not taking anybodies side here, but txchristopher is considering a mav. so i dnt think hes against this machine? he just saying it comes up! but if you go back and read the post , especially this 1 usually its some1 that doesnt have experience with any can am just seen videos or have ridden with them! they usually say something to the effect of well its a deal breaker for me with that crap visco! then glamisfan replied and give his insight! so does it come up? yes but alot of times it is provoked! by others. reality is , it could be better ! but its not gona sway me from getting the unit. soooooooooooooooo! (cant we all just get along) lol.
I think that if we heard about something else other than visco and how the Wildcat is so much better than we wouldn't be so aggressive. What would happen if I took a video of me getting into a race (uninvited) between 4 XP racing each other up Olds giving them a big head start and blowing by them at least 10 mph faster at the steepest point on the hill and waiving at them in process and posting that on the RZR forum? Those guys would be HOT. We are not hot over here but enough is a enough...lol

Btw I had a Wildcat with paddles get stuck in the dunes on our dune ride. They are poor machines that lack power, a strong crank, strong cases, and a good clutch. It is a China made 1000cc vtwin that is an accident waiting to happen on every trip

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I'd like to mention that this is a Wildcat X thread, not a Visco vs qe thread. So can we all JUST DROP THE VISCO TALK??? Also, TxChristopher has been banned from every forum he's ever been on, so he's just a troll bully looking for a fight!

·
Registered
197 Posts
STHU! As usual you don't any any idea of what you're talking about! I just got back from Texas, and there's no off roading there! Come out to So Cal, and see if your BIG right foot can keep up with me in your thrashed little Wildcat. I've seen your videos on YouTube, and you don't know how to drive!!! Just a big mouth with no common sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like you been everywhere in Texas, I been here all my life and I travel a lot and I haven't been in even 10 percent of the state. It is kinda a big place. Plus I travel around the country to ride so I have a clue beyond just Texas. Go to Katemcy for just one example and tell me how there is no offroad. It is YOU who does not know what he is talking about. All I gotta say is come on to the next SRRS race and we will see who can drive or not. Me and the top guys take around 35 seconds to run what takes the next level of riders to do in 3 minutes and the next level after that takes 7 minutes or never makes it at all.

If you can beat me then you can beat the other guys in SRRS so come show us I can speak with confidence the other guys would love for you to show us how to drive.

I have competed in timed events and have proven to be competitive, post up what timed competition you have proven to be competitive at or maybe follow your own advice about "STHU! As usual you don't any any idea of what you're talking about!"

:)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'd like to mention that this is a Wildcat X thread, not a Visco vs qe thread. So can we all JUST DROP THE VISCO TALK??? Also, TxChristopher has been banned from every forum he's ever been on, so he's just a troll bully looking for a fight!
That was my whole point but it escaped you and you got your panties in a wad. Quit telling lies I haven't been banned from every forum I ever been on thats just silly, I am on 20 times as many forums as banned from so deal with it. You Glamis guys are really something, you think the whole world revolves around your little sand pile. Guess what, there is a lot more out there.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Look, I run 2 wheel drive nearly all the time anyway on most trails, so the front diff action doesn't matter. But I also definitely get into situations where a locked front is a necessity more than luxury, as in the difference between making it and crashing. There are a lot of guys who ride off camber slippery situations that can relate, rather than trying to run them off because the semi-open diff that the normal visco is works in your wide open desert and sand hills why not try to grasp why others might be leary of what can happen to them because of it?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just do like I do I started with a rhino then went to a teryx and on to a rzr 900 xp now a maverick plain and simple I go ride to have fun if I get showed up I take it back home and add performance parts to it unril its tapped out then I buy the most current king of the hill I hated polaris because everyone can agree they use to suck but they got better maybe arctic cat will eventually get where polaris is at but rite now the quality isnt up to par with can am or polaris another words buy what makes u happy and gives u the most fun no need to bash someone because they ride brand x just go have fun

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think that if we heard about something else other than visco and how the Wildcat is so much better than we wouldn't be so aggressive. What would happen if I took a video of me getting into a race (uninvited) between 4 XP racing each other up Olds giving them a big head start and blowing by them at least 10 mph faster at the steepest point on the hill and waiving at them in process and posting that on the RZR forum? Those guys would be HOT. We are not hot over here but enough is a enough...lol

Btw I had a Wildcat with paddles get stuck in the dunes on our dune ride. They are poor machines that lack power, a strong crank, strong cases, and a good clutch. It is a China made 1000cc vtwin that is an accident waiting to happen on every trip

I must have missed that thread where someone said the Wildcat was better than the Maverick. I have read and said that I want to see what the new Wildcat X is going to be like. I think there have been replies to your attacking the Wildcat where you call it junk. I really don't see anyone doing the things you say. I do think your a little defensive and act like you have a chip on your shoulder.

Yes it is a thread about the Wildcat X which then causes the Visco-Lok to come up in compairison with the front diff on the Wildcat.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
this vis lock is not bad, i have been up teh rock pile at cold creek nevada and let me tell you that it is 5 foot deep rocks below you, sizes ranging from softball to boulders with most rocks in the basketball size. it is up a steep hill for 300 feet. i never had a issue, not once, worked fine. for what its worth. 99% of teh people will never have a issue.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Please forum moderator ban christopher here too for the love of god! He sticks his opinion in everything including being an expert in issues in a country he probably hasn,t been too. He is an antagonistic troll that probably will never own a Maverick. Like i asked before pls just go away.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Please forum moderator ban christopher here too for the love of god! He sticks his opinion in everything including being an expert in issues in a country he probably hasn,t been too. He is an antagonistic troll that probably will never own a Maverick. Like i asked before pls just go away.
Come on chippy, tx isn't that bad! I see him on other forums and no gripe..can't we all just get along.. Also on the wildcat forum he saying he may buy one of these mav's and sticking up for the mav.

Happy new yr everyone!!!!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I second that motion!

·
Registered
229 Posts
No one is getting band from here for expressing an opinion. Having a heated discussion is welcomed by me as long as it stays on topic and there are no personal attacks on each other or intentional antagonistic comments...which this thread is getting close to those boundaries. With that said, lets keep it clean and stay on topic guys.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Why ban Tx? He is advocating for the Maverick and I guarantee if he buys one he will expose its weak links and problems in short order. Then he will post about it and everyone can benefit from his experiences. I agree he could probably use some sensitivity training, but his opinions are based on real world experience and he's got his facts straight. I can't find any inaccuracies in his posts so he shouldn't be banned just because you're offended by his approach. (The benefits outweigh the cost).

41 - 60 of 175 Posts