Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Wow, could it be that the once almighty xp has soon to be a third place machine?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Not until artic cat fixes it's horrible qc, think about it there are less wildcats than commanders and rzrs yet there are alot more problems with the machines. It's one thing to blow a belt like a commander. It's a whole lot different when they blow engines left and right. I personally wouldn't buy any artic crap until they do a whole company makeover and start paying attention to qc. I'm a little more lenient when it comes to popo simply because they were the only people in the market for a while and hey had to get those buggies out to the hungry consumer as fast as possible. I do believe now that they have real competition they will start to make a better product. U couldn't give me a wildcat

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not until artic cat fixes it's horrible qc, think about it there are less wildcats than commanders and rzrs yet there are alot more problems with the machines. It's one thing to blow a belt like a commander. It's a whole lot different when they blow engines left and right. I personally wouldn't buy any artic crap until they do a whole company makeover and start paying attention to qc. I'm a little more lenient when it comes to popo simply because they were the only people in the market for a while and hey had to get those buggies out to the hungry consumer as fast as possible. I do believe now that they have real competition they will start to make a better product. U couldn't give me a wildcat
Just stop it, you are overly biased, they all have problems galore, go to any forum for any brand and look at the first pages of the "General Discussion" and the most threads are about problems. ALL OF THEM EVERY BRAND. You being in massive denial doesn't change the facts.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
When the rzr came out it had its share of problems also. Its just growing pains and things will improve as time goes on for the wildcat im sure. Atleast they are doing something, unlike polaris that has just been raking in the cash and not giving much back to the consumer. Raising the prices by the thousands, sticking up the middle finger to anybody other than the sand crowd. But thats pretty much how all of them have been so whatever.

·
Registered
417 Posts
My boat shop brought in Kymco quads and SxS,s to sell in off season and im not kidding the front diff on the Kymco had Arctic Cat stamped on it!!! Yes they all have offshore parts but the cat is I bet 100% chinese made and designed crap. The popo is in second place. then you get a company like can am which does more engineering of its own and uses offshore parts for sure but its not the chinese engineering to start with!!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Just stop it, you are overly biased, they all have problems galore, go to any forum for any brand and look at the first pages of the "General Discussion" and the most threads are about problems. ALL OF THEM EVERY BRAND. You being in massive denial doesn't change the facts.
Yes they do all have problems when they bring out a new machine, what im saying is ill take belt issues or a tie rod issue over complete engine failure, loose bolts,crap axles any day. Tx when the cat first came out I REALLY wanted one but after reading the forums listining to your problems (yes I've read almost every post from day one) and everyone else's I decided to wait. Then the 2013's came out and they still had the same issues it truly soured me on the wildcat so much so that I dislike the company now. I feel like the owners just got screwed. The ones that have owned them for 9 months and maybe rode for 2 months because it was always in the shop. U know I'm not lying hell one of your threads was artic cat should be ashamed. I know u r upset! If I didn't want one so bad maybe I wouldn't be so mad about it believe me it's not personal and I don't think I'm biassed, anyway just an explanation for my comments thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
My boat shop brought in Kymco quads and SxS,s to sell in off season and im not kidding the front diff on the Kymco had Arctic Cat stamped on it!!! Yes they all have offshore parts but the cat is I bet 100% chinese made and designed crap. The popo is in second place. then you get a company like can am which does more engineering of its own and uses offshore parts for sure but its not the chinese engineering to start with!!
Shows how little you know, Arctic Cat builds more of their own parts than ANY of the others you named. Why do so many people regurgitate so much incorrect info????

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
When the rzr came out it had its share of problems also. Its just growing pains and things will improve as time goes on for the wildcat im sure. Atleast they are doing something, unlike polaris that has just been raking in the cash and not giving much back to the consumer. Raising the prices by the thousands, sticking up the middle finger to anybody other than the sand crowd. But thats pretty much how all of them have been so whatever.
U can make an awesome trail or mud machine out of anything. I like the starting platform of the maverick, yes it's supposed to b a dune machine but I promise it'll make a great mudder or whatever u wanna do with it.
Look at what the rzr crowd does in the mud, another thing the XMR was probably the worst decision can am ever made, u get joe schmo buying it he thinks it's an indestructible submarine and they are destroying them. A bud of mine took one to mud nats this year and basically demolished it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Shows how little you know, Arctic Cat builds more of their own parts than ANY of the others you named. Why do so many people regurgitate so much incorrect info????

I think alot of people do it to justify their current purchase, you know by putting down all the other choices.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes they do all have problems when they bring out a new machine, what im saying is ill take belt issues or a tie rod issue over complete engine failure, loose bolts,crap axles any day. Tx when the cat first came out I REALLY wanted one but after reading the forums listining to your problems (yes I've read almost every post from day one) and everyone else's I decided to wait. Then the 2013's came out and they still had the same issues it truly soured me on the wildcat so much so that I dislike the company now. I feel like the owners just got screwed. The ones that have owned them for 9 months and maybe rode for 2 months because it was always in the shop. U know I'm not lying hell one of your threads was artic cat should be ashamed. I know u r upset! If I didn't want one so bad maybe I wouldn't be so mad about it believe me it's not personal and I don't think I'm biassed, anyway just an explanation for my comments thanks
It is not really true about the 2013's having the same problems. In fact there have been many upgrades to the 2013's that for some reason or another Arctic Cat has not bothered to mention. I will admit they were sloppy on the first of the 2012's but they have quickly moved to fix things and seem very determined to take command of the market just look hhow fast they are releasing new stuff now.

You know if anyone knows about breaking a Wildcat then it is me I have easily led the way in that regard. I ride very hard though not bragging it is true I take on stuff others just look at. They need to get away from the Thundercat drivetrain components and then they will have something. This is my hope for this new Wildcat X but who knows. Now I am stuck waiting to see which one I buy next.

I recently test drove the Maverick and I will say I was HIGHLY impressed with it. Plenty of power and it handled excellent, nothing like a Commander at all I was able to easily drift it through turns in a rough field with only one hand on the wheel (I am right handed it drove easy with my left only). I was back there again today measuring it and looking at how difficult it would be to add about 10 inches to its wheelbase. Looks easy enough to do. Add 10 inches to its wheelbase and do something about that damn visco-lok and the Maverick would be VERY tough to beat. The interior comfort and quality definitely is head and shoulders above either Arctic Cat or Polaris thats for sure. The entire thing feels super solid. I came awefully close to going ahead and buying one but I am going to wait until March to see what Arctic Cat is bringing and if Polaris comes with anything new. If neither steps up I will add a Maverick to my toys and then you will find out how well it is built.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Yes u drive the crap out of your machine, no doubt. As for the visco crock I put a qe in commander and it was a night an day difference. It's not a true locker but it engages so fast that I'm satisfied. I got a deal on another qe so I bought it too now all I have to do is install it in the Mav if I feel that it needs, I probably don't ride as hard as u but I love to climb stuff, the qe made it very easy to get where I wanted to go.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree with most of the above statements regarding Artic cat. Chinese junk. Polaris is only a notch above Artic Cat. The Japanese products are top notch and have been for years. But Can-am is becoming the Cadillac of the SxS' IMO.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes u drive the crap out of your machine, no doubt. As for the visco crock I put a qe in commander and it was a night an day difference. It's not a true locker but it engages so fast that I'm satisfied. I got a deal on another qe so I bought it too now all I have to do is install it in the Mav if I feel that it needs, I probably don't ride as hard as u but I love to climb stuff, the qe made it very easy to get where I wanted to go.
If it came to it and I bought one then the QE would be my first try at a solution and if was good I would leave it alone but to me there HAS to be a way to make it a true locker and if I bought one I would probably be forced to figure out how to do it because I get into situations that require 100% all wheel drive.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Wouldn't really want that it would affect turning when in 2 wheel drive.

I will not know if I am getting one until March when the competition comes with their answers but man I have to admit I was most impressed with it. Add a little more wheelbase, take care of that visco-lok, and add power steering (not saying the steering was bad it was good but it would be better with power steering) and people would be flocking to it. As it is now I think they are gonna sell a BUNCH of these.

By the way that rear diff in the Maverick looks massively thick and sturdy I can't imagine breaking it.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I agree that rear diff looks beefy. I was looking at it to see how hard it would be to fab it into my Commander, then decided to sell the Commander & get a Maverick since the Mav already has most everything I want.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
The commander guys tried to get eaton to build one for us but they won't unless there was like 5000 people ready to buy, they got highlifter involved but still no dice. Like I said I am happy with the qe though

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I remember reading about that. You would think with all the popularity of all SXS's that these diff companies would want a piece of the market.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts