Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Just installed 32-10-14 carnivores on Raceline Ryno wheels. Much better than the Maxxis Liberty tires. View attachment 264685
My buddy & I agree on same Carnivore vs Liberty tires we installed last month, however we both punctured RR tire within 2 days of each other at just 200 trail miles. Yes, the rocky granite terrain here is brutal on tires!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was told by dealer that the newer carnivores were made with 8 ply sidewall and a different rubber compound. I asked about the sidewall issues from the past.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^^^ Dealer told you correctly 8 Ply Rating, however unsure about any change in compound. Just now checked and all 4 on the ground (didn't check mounted spare) are date coded 2720, so produced mid last year. IMO, our punctures were not related to compound or ply rating but combo of rocky (sharp) granite local terrain plus the very open lug tread pattern that we both sought vs Maxxis Liberty which wouldn't turn where steered. Maxxis Carnivore specs

Click for larger images:
8 Ply Rating.jpg Date code.jpg String plugged.jpg

·
Registered
155 Posts
Some people say smaller wheels pick up rocks. But I've heard of big wheels picking up bigger rocks lol. Can't win

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Ironically, just the opposite on buddy and my MavS Xrc cars now equipped with Maxxis Carnivore 32x10-14 vs OEM spec Maxxis Liberty 30x10-14. With Liberty, stones frequently snagged in tread and tossed up and back into cab and onto roof but with Carnivore significantly more open lug pattern, no such issue and hasn't happed yet. Ironically though, my buddy flatted his RR Carnivore tire a few weeks ago during 3 days of local trail inspection and I followed with flatting same location tire on that 3rd day. Also noting, our local terrain is significantly rougher than most with lots of sharp granite plus we do the roughest trails to complete inspection within our region on the Tonto NF.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Looks great. I have the same rig and am debating 30 vs 32. Where does this put your ground clearance? Any noticeable power loss on the bottom end?
15” front 15.5” rear. I haven’t had it out much since I put them on but I haven’t noticed any less power.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts