Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Vendor
ALL 2015 - 2022 MODELS WITH RF DESS KEY
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I run dooplicator, the first/only key duplication service for Can-Am vehicles (Ski-Doo and Sea-Doo also), and would like to introduce myself.

Backstory:

Frustrated with having to take my machines to the dealer and paying way too much for BRP's keys because there was no way to duplicate them, I decided to develop one.

My dooplicator app, available for iPhone and Android reads data off your factory key, I program that data to a custom wireless chip inside my own key.

Since I use data from your existing key, there's no need to bring your vehicle or key anywhere, no dealership or shop programming is required, and it costs less than a new factory key!

My keys are built in Canada, by me, and shipped for free anywhere in North America (I also ship worldwide). You scan your key with my app, I ship you a working duplicate key. Easy and seamless.

Body jewelry Silver Eyewear Font Jewellery
Cosmetics Material property Camera accessory Tints and shades Gadget

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
Welcome from Las Vegas

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Does your app also reprogram extra OEM keys that you may have from previous X3 to a new X3?

·
Vendor
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · · Business
Does your app also reprogram extra OEM keys that you may have from previous X3 to a new X3?
My dooplicator app only allows reading and saving/backing up OEM keys, as OEM keys aren't programmable, which is why the vehicle must be taken to a shop/dealership to have them added.

My dooplicator keys are programmed to match the OEM key and don't require a shop/dealership.

Check out some reviews which show how easy it is.

·
Premium Member
16,099 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. Sounds like a great idea. I always think about the "other shoe dropping", but does BRP / Can Am have any infringement type stuff?

·
Vendor
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · · Business
Are you planning to offer any discount to forum members? I've been meaning to get a spare key for a while.
Yep. I will be working with the admins to offer discounts to members, as well as giveaways. I will let you know when this goes live.

Reactions: Tmesic

·
Vendor
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · · Business
Welcome from Tucson AZ. Sounds like a great idea. I always think about the "other shoe dropping", but does BRP / Can Am have any infringement type stuff?
This is a good question. As a customer, you don't need to worry. If you place an order with me, you will get a key.

I am a customer and an enthusiast, I wanted this service and product, so I put in a considerable amount of resources bringing it to market.

·
Registered
2021 Can Am Maverick X3 X RS Turbo RR with Smart-Shox
185 Posts
Sounds like potentially a good workaround from the spendy dealership, but feels like somethings missing. Any controls in place to stop someone from copying key codes and get keys from someone else's machine, eg: proof of registration?

·
Registered
2018 X3 XDS Turbo R
169 Posts
Sounds like potentially a good workaround from the spendy dealership, but feels like somethings missing. Any controls in place to stop someone from copying key codes and get keys from someone else's machine, eg: proof of registration?
This question would be better answered by the OP, however, I think you could also apply old school logic to this situation. I always recommend when a person takes their car in for work, don’t leave your house keys, business keys, or anything but the car keys. Any unscrupulous shop with a key machine has your address already. They can easily dupe your keys. Heck, they can send someone to walmart , or Home Depot and that person can make the keys themselves with an automated kiosk.

The same logic goes for your Can Am keys. Don’t hand them to someone you don’t trust.

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
You really think that's going to be a big issue?

They would have to have the app then the key and send off their information to get a key.

If you're going to go through that much to get a key and put out your CC information, I seriously doubt you are going to stop them even without this key service.

Tim

·
Registered
2021 Can Am Maverick X3 X RS Turbo RR with Smart-Shox
185 Posts
Actually the real concern with this new info is that its so easy to defeat a DESS key from just an app. To be clear, I'm all for it, but pointing out that this could also create opportunity in both directions. It'd be situational and albeit unlikely, but it does swing your odds in the opposite direction and is thus worth questioning

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
Actually the real concern with this new info is that its so easy to defeat a DESS key from just an app. To be clear, I'm all for it, but pointing out that this could also create opportunity in both directions. It'd be situational and albeit unlikely, but it does swing your odds in the wrong direction and is thus worth questioning
So the fact a 22 year old kid was able to counterfeit the new 100 dollar bill with the hologram, strip and water mark means the registration could not be faked?

I think I could say " wear a hard hat at ALL times" as I saw a guy in a show who was hit by meteror.

Sure things happen.

Something tells me we have more to be concerned about in regards to stolen SXS's than this guy's key service.

I applaud his ingenuity and feel the risk is negligible.

If you feel it's a risk then you should not use it.
Tim

·
Registered
905 Posts
I think that's kinda like saying "can't someone steal all your money if you can empty a bank account with just an app". Also this isn't defeating a DESS key with an app it's duplicating it. It's not like this app on a phone can just bypass the key on any machine. (or even a single machine)

Are all the locks in your house worthless because someone can easily make a copy of your key? Of course not. In fact someone could go to Home Depot and buy a similar lock to the one in your front door and get a matching key, they only make so many permutations of those keys.

This is more like emailing your key info to have a copy made, except it's not readable by just anyone.

Reactions: DogRunner2
1 - 20 of 28 Posts