Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I had a chance after all today to redyno the Maverick with the Sport Mode on with dyno tires and stock tires. Recorded two runs of each, one run starting at 5mph and one at 25mph so the axle saver or whatever that safety is in place. Either way max hp is within a half a HP of each other. 65 is more like it, not quite the 70 reported but I bet if I didn't cheat the dyno like they are doing by using the STD correction factor instead of the SAE, I would be closer to 70 probably around 68 HP.

I also kicking and screaming used tie down straps on the back like they are doing.

When I go back to actually test a mod, I am NOT going to be using the straps and I will have a run without straps and without mod to compare to.

Anyway below are the newest and hopefully the most accurate baseline numbers I have.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So the stock big horns are reading a little lower

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the stock big horns are reading a little lower
Yes about 5hp which is what I expect, that is the very reason I don't use bighorns on the XP which I was cross country racing. Of course if you use a narrow bighorn on rear it helps.

Way back when I was racing the rhino cross country racing we saw a lot of parasitic loss from tires and wheel combos. I stopped using beadlocks and wide tires then, one reason was weight and the other is they turn way better with narrow tires on rear.

This is also one of the reasons why our XP is a dead heat race with the stock Mav. stock for stock the mav wins.

Also I see no spinning on dyno with either. To me it is just a pain in the butt to swap to dyno tires just so you can report a higher HP etc. My issue is once I put the Dalton clutch kit in and set up for stock tires, I will be leaving the stock tires on there for any future test.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts