Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In years past I've been a 4 wheeler rider here in co and a few trips to Moab. This Feb I bought a new Commander XT and went about extending the roll cage and building a bench seat compete with a shoulder bar and 4 point harnesses to fit my kids into. Not long after I had competed that project I realized that this would be less than a 2 year solution so I decided I'd sell it to get a Maverick. Unfortunately, as soon as I had it sold I found out my dealer and all of the others in the state had sold their last Maverick Sport Max. I found one in Cheyenne but on a whim I thought about the X3 Max Turbo and I decided to jump in. This car is so much more fun than my Commander! The power and suspension have ruined me for anything in the sport utility line.

Right now I'm getting parts together to build my own intercooler and getting ready to do exhaust and tune on it. I also plan to make a cordura roof and build a set of rear door inserts in aluminum but there are a ton of other things I have to look at adding to this car also.

I guess that sums it up for now but I will have a few questions about tunes and tuners as well as the intercooler addition/upgrade.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ, congrats. A natural progression, I guess, LOL. Check out the threads about greasing your wheel bearings, and then setting up your suspension.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Welcome aboard the money pit. I too started out with a Commander that I sunk a whole lot of time and money into long travel suspension and other stuff. No matter what I did it still was a utility vehicle. Then I bought a Wildcat 1000X that I turbocharged and now the X3 and there is simply no comparison.

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
Hollywood, I just did my wheel bearings last week, but the suspension I need to learn about and jump into it.
Read Ed Poundsand's thread. Long read, but excellent about all things pertaining to suspension.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Welcome, you got a great upgrade enjoy + stay safe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts