Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i am new to this so be gentle..lol......

i recently purchased a 2014 Maverick XRS/DPS 1000, white/red its awesome!! for what little i have got to ride it..still working on the break in period, but i have seen a few post on here i was interested to learn more about.

the center console cover? to reduce heat and some noise? anyone have pictures?cost? contact info for this item? The heat isnt like terrible but it is there and it is a bit noisy in the cab area. Please advise any and all info you all have to share on this.... thanks

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the world of 4 wheels! Personally, I think the console covers look hideous. I installed thermal barrier to the underside of all of my panels and wrapped my exhaust to reduce the heat and noise. Here are a few pics of what I did....

IMG_0346.jpg IMG_0345.jpg IMG_0344.jpg IMG_0342.jpg IMG_0341.jpg IMG_0340.jpg IMG_0212.jpg IMG_0209.jpg IMG_0206.jpg IMG_0204.jpg IMG_0203.jpg

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats and the new toy.
I have done bascially the same thing that heavy did. I insulated the inside of all the center console pieces. I also ceramic coated & wrapped my exhaust. Now I dont feel any heat coming thru the console.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats and the new toy.
I have done bascially the same thing that heavy did. I insulated the inside of all the center console pieces. I also ceramic coated & wrapped my exhaust. Now I dont feel any heat coming thru the console.
I gotta give deserdog credit for this as I saw what he did and followed suit. I know that it was also a common mod on the Commanders as well.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i am guessing its relatively EASY to take the console out and do all this to the unit? Or should i hire someone to handle this part for me? :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also guess my first reply didn't post sorry, i was saying THANKS to all for the great info and guidance. and for those that asked Dallas / Fort Worth area.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome...so in your opinion where in TEXAs is best place to ride ? i am wanting to try some DUNES, seems like that would be cool.

·
Registered
568 Posts
As far as dunes go there's only two places that aren't too far. Little Sahara in ok, or Kermit the other side of Odessa. We are going to Lake Murray in Oklahoma next weekend to try it out. My favorite place to ride is by Wichita Falls where hwy 79 crosses the red river. Just pull off the hwy, hit the riverbed and see how far you can go.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool, will have to go try those out too. Thanks for the info....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
so i am guessing its relatively EASY to take the console out and do all this to the unit? Or should i hire someone to handle this part for me? :)
yes super easy. Once you take out your seats you will see a bunch of black push pin rivets that you remove. There is a couple threaded screws that need to be removed also and then all the plastic panels come out real easy. Once you have it opened up you'll be able to see where to put the heat shield material.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cool, i will have to try those places out.....thanks gain for the info....

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome!!! just got my winch plate and rear hitch plate today so i will be adding those this weekend.. still have to get it over to dealer to add the full skid plate...it was ordered when i purchased but couldnt wait , had to get the thing home to try it out..lol

·
Registered
459 Posts
Awesome...so in your opinion where in TEXAs is best place to ride ? i am wanting to try some DUNES, seems like that would be cool.
the best place depends on how you like to ride, Texas has a lot of diverse trails. one that is real close to you is RRMT. they have a lot of different kinds of trails from EXTREMELY difficult to easy. its a great place. moderate paced, not able to really open it up, you can run about 60 tops. PM me ill go with you.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome to the forum, an early Christmas for sure!!!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Yes, it's fairly easy...and it's good practice to take the console apart anyway, for when your belt breaks. Just search the forum for more tips & tools.

I did the same thing as the Desertdog & Heavysledz. The product I used is called Thermo-tec.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts