Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

im thinking about ordering the maverick next week, i have been doin some research. I just wanna know what the typical problems that the commander 1000 had and if anyone thinks that i would encounter them on the maverick. i used to have a 660 rhino which was a great machine that i beat the living hell out of for 2 and half years but just wasnt fast enough and handling suck. all my buddies have rzr s and xps and i def do not want to buy those pieces of shit so i look to can am bc i heard that they are quality company and are reliable any input on can ams in general or any info that u think i might need to know would be much appreciated

thank you
greg

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
The biggest complaint is the noise from the rear end and the clutch clunk. Neither of which is present on the Maverick. Another complaint was the thin tie rods which the Mav has much thicker ones. Other issues are as minor as those mention above. The air box not being sealed completely and letting sand or dirt in (remove it beside stock airboxes suck).

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
some people complained about heat in the cab but thats petty bullsh.t to me, and hear in the northeast i liked the heat in the cab!! The 1 thing i hate is how everything is harder to get to then my xp (maintanace wise). while i never had a problem with my rzr xp i still think of canam as the honda out of the 3 (arctic cat, popo, canam) quality wise.

my biggest complaint with the mav is i have to wait till febuary sometime to get it!!!lol

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Welcome,with my commander I burnt a belt up but I was running 29.5 terms so I think that had something to do with it. I broke the rear diff but that was covered under warranty an the Mav has an all new diff we will find out together what probs the Mav is gonna have. They really addressed alot of the issues when they made the mav

·
Registered
853 Posts
The biggest complaint is the noise from the rear end and the clutch clunk. Neither of which is present on the Maverick. Another complaint was the thin tie rods which the Mav has much thicker ones. Other issues are as minor as those mention above. The air box not being sealed completely and letting sand or dirt in (remove it beside stock airboxes suck).
They are thicker but trust me, they still need to be replaced with heavy duty tie rods. I hope someone like "UTV Inc" carries them soon. I measured them and they are pretty much the same as the commander, maybe a bit longer.

BigD

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the Mav forum. I am changing from a Teryx and so far from what I see, this machine is built seems to be a lot higher quality.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
They already offer them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you all for all your input this reallly helps...now i just gotta get over the price which isnt bad for a 1000cc sxs but 16500 is still a lot of money...guess ill have to wait a bit till i can build up a better down payment so my monthly payments dont hurt as bad lol

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Just sold my two can-am quads. Going to a sxs. hoping this fits in a 10 ft toy hauler box or I gotta go to a Polaris rzr s or xp.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts