Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just purchased my new maverick. I do allot of reading and can't seem to find a good read on changing the mavericks drive belt or a youtube video is it similar to the commander 1000 ? Just like to find some info it's easier to learn from someone teaching then through a manual... question number 2. Viper elite winch 4000 lb if I go wide spool with the maverick mounting bracket will it all fit fairly good without much trouble? I'm sure it will just wondering about the wider spool...... And number 3... cargo boxes I've looked and can only find can ams is there a Koplin or any good reads on other boxes made up? Thank you guys

·
Registered
145 Posts
As far as a box goes I bolted down a Plano box from tractor supply. It was $40 and is water resistant. It takes up most of the rack. I offset it to the right side of the machine and I still have room for a six pack cooler on the left side of it and get a 2 gallon gas can on there also.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys and how about that viper winch. How is one of those brp boxes or that Koplin the big yellow one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I must admit I am a little worried after reading some horror stories about the maverick I had a rzr 900 x and it never let me down many times alone at Hatfield mccoy ... I got the 3 yr warranty with it due to a special. I don't know how much they've really updated from the 13 to the 14 been trying to turn up some info on that too.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Lol..just ride the damn thing if it breaks fix it.. If it doesn't well your not riding hard enough. Welcome aboard

·
Registered
548 Posts
If you get the Viper Elite kit for the Mav, it comes with the correct mounting plate. I did the 5K widespool and it works great! I would suggest you get a front gusset set (got mine from CT race works and recommend it) and install that at the same time as the winch. Makes life easier. You will have to drill new holes in the mount to run it with the gusset, but you want to have the gusset on there. I got my Viper through TeamFASmotorsports. It was a good deal and good customer service.
I wouldn't be too concerned with things going wrong. They are great machines! A little common sense in your driving and all will be good! Tie rods are another upgrade to put on the short list. They are the weak link and should be upgraded. You are gonna love the Mav!

·
Registered
310 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new purchase

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you sir, I like the wal-mart boxes that in cost savings will able me to do something other things like that CT kit I can get some trouble spots k/oed right off the bat. Is there a write up on the ct gusset winch combo I was reading drilling holes 1.5 inches up forward for the mount to make the room. how do you guys feel about them soft tops? for a roof.

·
Registered
548 Posts
There is a write up in the vendor section under CT race works. I believe the thread is called "front gusset set" or something close to it. It's not very difficult. I put some info and pics on there when I did mine. I would put up one of those fancy links to it but I don't know how.

·
Registered
310 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ordered my roof windshield and viper 4k winch with mount today...didnt go with the wide spool but im sure it'll be okay. Now next mods....

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sport low mod!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Don't worry about anyone else's sport low. Get artic bombs and it's a done deal.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts