Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am new to the forum and new to the Can Am X3 max. My question to you guys is this. I have a 2017 max, had 10 hours , and 70 miles on it when I purchased it from Texas. I recently installed new rims and tires, the machine has 150 miles on it, 99 percent of them highway or gravel road. Last night I noticed how off my rear drivers side wheel is. The camber is way negative and it looks to be pointing in to the vehicle. The rest of the wheels seem perfectly fine. It rides great with no issues, I even had the tires balanced before I installed them as most of my driving is on the street or gravel. Is this an issue that can be fixed? Is something seriously wrong with my brand new machine? Any advice you guys can shoot my way would be great ! I know I don’t want to call a dealer that’s for sure! I do have pictures but I can’t figure out how to show them

·
Premium Member
10,646 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. Something "might" be bent, but without a pic, tough to tell.

Posting a pic is pretty easy. Save it to your desk top. Click the little pic icon, 4th from the right, and just follow the directions.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My machine is the same way. I freaked out when I noticed it but after seeing other machines at the dealer I thought it must be normal.

·
Premium Member
8,379 Posts
welcome to the site, please spend some time with the search function to learn about your new machine. Lots of people talk about and have fixes for the issues you will find affecting your new money pit.

With your issue the suspension holes are grossly over sized and if you look closely you will see the nuts on your rear center plate moving around. This little movement at the ends of your suspension links will show alignment issues at your wheels. Keeping all of these bolts torqued to their proper setting is imperative as a minimum(search x3 service manual for free copy using dropbox). Adding a rear "pull plate" from the vendors here on this site will help a lot too. If left alone you will be welding to your frame fixing the wallowed out thin metal holes as a fix. With that said the front end is exactly like the rear and you should ad a gusset kit before yours gets out of hand.

good luck with your money pit. The X3 is far from perfect and has areas that need improvement but its still better than the current available units.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can’t seem to get it to work on my iPhone so I’ll load the pictures when I get back home later today .

·
Premium Member
8,379 Posts
So a stupid question, it’s not like a truck where you would just go and get it aligned ?
nope, there is no adjustment in the rear bars at all. Only adjustment in the front is toe in and out by the tie rods. There are $700+ sets of adjustable links for the rear that you can buy and then spend hours adjusting. In my opinion, these are offroad cars and any adjustments you do with aftermarket links can be quickly undone driving down a rough rocky trail.

·
Premium Member
7,173 Posts
Major props to Mega!

Using his powers for good and not evil, maybe you should change your screen name to Superman or Batman! Tim

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Man this place is going to Hell in a handbasket. Megas being nice and helpful shit. I might have to start running STUs.
Major props to Mega!

Using his powers for good and not evil, maybe you should change your screen name to Superman or Batman! Tim
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,173 Posts
Man this place is going to Hell in a handbasket. Megas being nice and helpful shit. I might have to start running STUs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Funniest post of the month right there!!!!!
Tim

Reactions: Megadesertdiesel

·
Registered
449 Posts
'17 Max RS here. The passenger side rear tire was exactly the same on my X3. A ZRP pull/radius rod plate fixed it a bunch, but it's still off a little. I'd change that plate as soon as possible if it were me. I really wore tires that were on that back corner and you probably will too. Especially on the pavement. Oh and I had a tough time getting the tie rods right so it would drive straight until I changed that plate.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for your information ! Atleast I know there isn’t much more I can do to fix it ! Just wanted to make sure it’s not going to Harm anything but the tire In the near future

·
Premium Member
8,379 Posts
Wolfpack, what plate are you speaking of, sorry I’m a rookie here , where can it be purchased
spend some time in the Vendor section and check out what's available for you machine. Your head will spin and you wallet will be lighter quickly. Lots of badass parts available for the X3 at much better pricing and quality than BRP stuff.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Also when upgrading the rear plate, you might as well spring for one that is a pull plate so you can rescue peeps. And actually contact the vendors here, usually better deals than what they can advertise on their web sites.

Reactions: Tmesic

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'm still having a hard time getting past the OP's "99% highway and gravel road"usage....why did you get an X3 then?

·
Premium Member
7,173 Posts
I'm still having a hard time getting past the OP's "99% highway and gravel road"usage....why did you get an X3 then?
Why not get an X3?

A nice machine is still nice regardless of how you use it. Tim

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I understand , I just wanted the best and isn’t the x3 the best ? I plan to take it to Colorado , and other places also , plus I paid $19,250 for a unit with 10 hours and 69 miles on it that had never been off a paved road. And the guy paid 24k. Don’t get me wrong most of it will be on the normal roads but damn do I love the attention I get driving it around my little town of 2000 !!!!

·
Premium Member
10,646 Posts
I understand , I just wanted the best and isn’t the x3 the best ? I plan to take it to Colorado , and other places also , plus I paid $19,250 for a unit with 10 hours and 69 miles on it that had never been off a paved road. And the guy paid 24k. Don’t get me wrong most of it will be on the normal roads but damn do I love the attention I get driving it around my little town of 2000 !!!!
Great post!

Reactions: BLR
1 - 20 of 26 Posts