Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I have rode four-wheelers for the last 25 years and raced for 10 of those. A couple friends of mine have made the switch to side by sides and I'm ready to as well. I was planning on getting a RZR XP, but when the wife sat in one and then sat in a Commander she said, "Get the Can-am, it's way more comfortable." I knew the Commander wouldn't perform the way I would want it to, so thankfully Can Am created the Maverick. Coming off a YFZ450R to a side by side, my biggest concern was the shocks. I love that the Maverick Xrs has two speed compression and rebound adjustment! The only experience I have in a side by side is as passenger in my friend's Wildcat and a couple turns behind the wheel. It may have a crapload of suspension travel, but it jumps like a pig. Bravo to Can Am for putting really good shocks on these from the factory.

I'm currently waiting for my dealer to get their first shipment of Mavericks in. Most people around here go with a 50" RZR due to the limits of our state parks and public riding areas. I have enough private land to ride on, so that doesn't bother me. I'm sure the increased popularity will eventually help increase the width limits at the few places here that have them.

I've been researching Can Am and the Maverick/ accessories almost every night. I'm like an 8 year old kid waiting for Christmas to come! I love to fabricate and do my own performance mods, so I will post articles whenever I can related to things I will mod and build. Just gotta get it in the driveway!!

So far I've been all over this forum and I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with for their Maverick. Front bumpers, stereo systems, cages, etc.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hello and welcome.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I finally have my Maverick! It had 0.2 miles on it when I picked it up yesterday, I put 0.1 miles on it last night, and I now have it tore down installing accessories. We have a big ride planned next weekend and it raining cats and dogs here. Might as well wrench on it if I can't ride it!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well Play Doh, I pulled the cage off to weld in a harness bar (glad I did, the dealer didn't have all the bolts tight and botched the threads on one bolt hole). I added Dragon fire 3" harnesses, in yellow of course! I also welded tabs to the front section for a rear view mirror and wired my harnesses and relays for my heated seats. I also pulled all the warning labels off and installed the Can Am half windshield. I went ahead and jerked the side nets, since I plan on doing doors soon. Last night the wife helped me tear it all down and today I finished it and put it all back together. I also have a 3500 pound winch to install but the factory switch I ordered was mispackaged with a 4x4 switch so ill have to wait till I get the switch to finish it.

I must say to the guy who figured out Rustoleum aresol truck bed coat matches the factory powder coat is a lifesaver. I couldn't believe how well it matches. I took a few pics and will post them when I can upload them to the laptop. A HUGE thank you to all the forum members that input their experiences on here. The seatbelt delete mod and identifying the accessory harness saved me lots of time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I figured out how to upload from my phone! Except its sideways. Lol you can see a little bit of the harness bar.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Looks good. When you have the pic displayed on your phone, from the menu you should be able to rotate the pic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts