Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the SXS world and have been out if the ATV/dirt bike world for a long time.

Just picked up a new (96 mile) X3 turbo. Looking for trail advice in SW Michigan. And groups to ride with.

Any essential mods. I have a glass windshield, rear plexiglas, lower doors fender extensions, and a roof. Any other must have options.

Garett

·
Registered
47 Posts

Welcome to the group. I have a 2019 base model also and do a lot of mtn trail riding in Utah. Your style of riding back east and my riding are a little different. Spare tire is good, some kind of jack, first aid kit, tow strap etc etc.

Run! the lobsters are loose.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,660 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ, congrats. Definitely look into a couple of spare belts, one of the many front gusset kits out there, new springs, or total shock upgrade, after that, whatever your budget can handle.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
good luck riding now
our nit Whit governator as banded riding

Reactions: BRETT and Grott

·
Registered
290 Posts
good luck riding now
our nit Whit governator as banded riding

Has not stopped me from riding. I live in Niles and have a cabin in Luther, pack all my stuff and my fuel and have gone up the last two weekends and will probably go up again next weekend. The trails have been busy so I've been riding fire roads because I'm plated, only passed 3 quads the whole day.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to hear. We will see how this week goes. I am looking for a small open trailer if you have any ideas. My equipment trailer is a little conspicuous.
G

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
If you can swing a enclosed 16ft trailer you will be better off
you can hide your tools and gas cans when your out riding in BFE
your x3 will fit in a 7 wide trailer no problem

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am towing with Colorado it tows fine but seeing behind is no fun. I have a 7ft low profile that is too short.

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
464 Posts
I’m in Michigan also. Over by commins/Mio area. I’m not street legal or plan to be. But I have been cruising m33 and back roads going to the trail heads. One good thing about this shutdown is no cars or authority out and about.
I do keep out of the pedal when around residences.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome aboard and enjoy the mod projects!

Has not stopped me from riding. I live in Niles and have a cabin in Luther, pack all my stuff and my fuel and have gone up the last two weekends and will probably go up again next weekend. The trails have been busy so I've been riding fire roads because I'm plated, only passed 3 quads the whole day.
Sounds like fun trail there, jealous.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts