Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Introducing myself here from Central Oregon area. I will be using this machine on rocky desert, snow/icy desert, and semi-hard packed clay mostly. Occasional sand and mud.

I'm awaiting the arrival of a new 2021 X3 X RC scheduled to be in my possession mid March.
Anxious, excited, impatient, all of the above!

BRP power flip windshield ordered and scheduled for install at dealer.

Here is a list of additional items I'm planning to purchase and install myself:

-Rear poly window
Planning on 'SuperATV' brand on Amazon. Appears to be decent quality with good sealing properties and reasonable price ($180). Any tips or suggestions?

-Side enclosures
Planning on 'dmx performance' brand. They appear to seal fairly well, fully unzip unlike the brp oem ones, and still utalizes the full frame style that attaches to the door bars rather than velcro on the door panel. They appear to be similar to oem as far as mounting technique and frame, they are also less expensive at ~$500.
Would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions on these, not positive I'm going the best direction with the side enclosures...
I will be using this machine in freezing temperatures on a regular basis.

-Heater with defrost
Planning on 'inferno' brand from UTV direct. Not sure if I should get the one that installs in the dash, or under the seat. Waiting for response from UTV direct.
Would appreciate any tips or suggestions!

-Other misc items include mirrors, storage bags, tablet holder, backup camera, etc.
Would love suggestions for simplest most effective backup camera setup (reviews on the BRP are pretty bad, looking into cheaper Amazon ones with screen that suctions to windshield).

I appreciate any and all advice or suggestions!

·
Administrator
2,895 Posts
Introducing myself here from Central Oregon area. I will be using this machine on rocky desert, snow/icy desert, and semi-hard packed clay mostly. Occasional sand and mud.

I'm awaiting the arrival of a new 2021 X3 X RC scheduled to be in my possession mid March.
Anxious, excited, impatient, all of the above!

BRP power flip windshield ordered and scheduled for install at dealer.

Here is a list of additional items I'm planning to purchase and install myself:

-Rear poly window
Planning on 'SuperATV' brand on Amazon. Appears to be decent quality with good sealing properties and reasonable price ($180). Any tips or suggestions?

-Side enclosures
Planning on 'dmx performance' brand. They appear to seal fairly well, fully unzip unlike the brp oem ones, and still utalizes the full frame style that attaches to the door bars rather than velcro on the door panel. They appear to be similar to oem as far as mounting technique and frame, they are also less expensive at ~$500.
Would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions on these, not positive I'm going the best direction with the side enclosures...
I will be using this machine in freezing temperatures on a regular basis.

-Heater with defrost
Planning on 'inferno' brand from UTV direct. Not sure if I should get the one that installs in the dash, or under the seat. Waiting for response from UTV direct.
Would appreciate any tips or suggestions!

-Other misc items include mirrors, storage bags, tablet holder, backup camera, etc.
Would love suggestions for simplest most effective backup camera setup (reviews on the BRP are pretty bad, looking into cheaper Amazon ones with screen that suctions to windshield).

I appreciate any and all advice or suggestions!
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Welcome aboard and enjoy the new toy. DMX products are slow to ship. Based on my experience with their Bumpers the fitment and design are not that great. Yes they are less expensive than others however you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hey Dustin, Welcome from Central Oregon!!

Where are you and where do you intend to ride?
How much backcountry/ATV stuff have you done in Central Oregon?

Just asking because your experience will change my advice.

Good choice on the RC, my favorite. Get the Turbo R, or the RR if you can.

The windshield and rear window are useful when you are in snow and mud. I would suggest holding off until you figure out your riding needs.
When it's dry (about 75% of the time in the high desert) your windshield and back window will just gather dust and hold heat in. Much more comfortable riding without either and a pair of goggles.

Seriously... the windshield will just be a dust magnet 99% of the time.

Same advice for the side and rear enclosures. It's really only cold a couple months around here. At least try it without before wasting money on something that might not be useful.
I bought a windshield, used it one ride and it's been in the shed for 2 years now.
I actually have had pretty good luck with the BRP window nets for blocking wind from the windows.(They also might keep bafoons from sticking their arms out to prevent a rollover, resulting in a broken wrist/arm/elbow).
The rubber band attachments fall apart, but thats pretty minor considering how well the factory stuff fits.
For heat start with some seat heaters, they make a huge difference.
If thats not enough I would go with a fan in the center console instead of the 'Inferno'. I don't think that would help much without a windshield.

Go find CentralOregonSxS on the FB, the interwebs, or wherever. Super awesome group that will love to have you tag along to learn some trails.

Also...Oregon MVUM, Avenza, etc....

·
Premium Member
11,155 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Odyknuck, this is good information on DMX, I'll keep looking. Fitment, durability, and useful designs are my main concerns (even over price tag). If the BRP can-am one fully zipped open, I would buy it. I just can't get over that design flaw...

Hi Kbeefy,
Yep, I ordered the Turbo RR model.

I'm in the La Pine area.
I intend to ride as many locations as possible. The buttes, lava rock, whoop city at 4-corners, hoping to explore Ochocos and Prospect areas, and I also spend a fair amount of time in the valley on the other side of the mountain near HWY.58. I venture out to shotgun creek every once in awhile, and hit the Oregon dunes maybe once a year or so too.
I've done a fair amount of backcountry/ATV all over Oregon. Mostly on dirtbike, this is my first UTV. Some of my favorite areas include Jacksonville (near Medford), Oakridge area, Tillamook area, Hood River, and a couple of local spots here in Central Oregon.

I already purchased and scheduled install for the power flip windshield. This is something pretty important to me and something I didn't want to install myself. I realize it may not be ideal in summer, but I spend a lot of time in the woods during the winter months (its almost spring, and it was ~20 degrees at my house this morning, would be a beautiful day for some SideXSide action!). I spend more time on my dirtbike than anything else during summer months...
I'm also not opposed to removing it during the summer if needed.
Also, my other half (AKA the boss) will not be interested in riding in this thing when its 20 degrees out unless it is setup for it...
I kind of used this enclosed/heated cab as a selling point when convincing her how much fun it would be and why we should buy it, haha!

Thanks for all the info, greatly appreciated.
I will check into CentralOregonSxS.
Hope to see you out there someday!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hey, I live in LaPine also. West side of Day road, about 2 miles north of burgess and about 1/2 mile from the forest roads.
Tons of riding around, sounds like you know already. From my house I've been north to Edison and south to Crescent lake.
I've heard you can make it clear to Crater lake on the snowmobile trails in the summer, but I haven't been past Crescent lake.
I've also gone from 6 mile to hole in the ground and also to 2510. I've gone from 2510 to brothers, so I assume you could also get there from 6 or 10 mile.

They just went thru last summer and blocked some of the roads, mostly logging roads that were already marked closed, but there were a couple major trails that they blocked but there are still alternate routes.

The windshield is nice in the snow, be sure to get a wiper also.

Your definitely going to want to get a particle separator for central Oregon, otherwise you'll need a filter every other ride.

I have paddles for the dunes, but with as much power as these things have I don't really think it's necessary.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks HPnMORE4J!

kbeefy, you must literally be my neighbor haha, I'm in the exact same location, same side of Day Rd, same distance from Burgess. I'll shoot you a private message with my phone number, sounds like you are doing the exact type of exploring that I plan to do! How do you like the Rotopax fuel storage tanks for the long trips? I've been thinking maybe boat type gas cans, since they seal well, and build a custom rack to hold them. How do you carry the Rotopax tanks? Custom rack? Fuel has been my limiting factor for exploring on the dirtbike...

Thanks for the heads up on the particle separator, any suggested brands? I have to clean the air filter on my dirtbike every ride over here, so if there is a way to prevent that on the sideXside I'm all for it!
Good to hear on the dunes/paddle tires. I was hoping that was the case.

·
Registered
478 Posts
S&B Particle Separator is what I use. Theres one other brand but I don't recall what it was.

I use the rotopax under the passenger seat. I believe it's a 2.5. I used to have it mounted to the cage outside, but it hit alot of trees and the mount was eventually broken in a rollover.
In 2wd you can get close to 200 miles on a tank, mud, snow or dunes probably closer to 75 depending on the skinny pedal.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey Dustinhill74, we have the DMX side windows and like them a lot, the build quality was as good as brp’s
did take a while to get them but we like them..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for chiming in Cascade Crush
I might be bothering you someday in the near future!

Thanks Flash I appreciate the info!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts