Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did yours have the new hi tech slippery washer upgrade or was it the original design?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
The one guy I know, as I said on the other thread is not here on the forum, had his explode at Glamis around 12 hours while climbing Olds with paddle tires. The bolt broke and everything went to hel after that. His dealer installed the recall before he picked up the car. He had made the deal and the day before he picked it up dealer made him wait as the recall had just come out. So the dealer does the recall and he picked it up a few days later. This guy actually did his full 10 hour break in using the grey key so I don't think it was possible to abuse it.

I think an important thing to note is that the dealer did the install, not the factory. It's worth noting because we know not all dealer mechanics are created equal. Some are good, some suck. My recall was done by the factory during regular build process and I think you've got a better chance that it was installed correctly under those conditions.
I wonder if the factory even did the install on the units that were already built and crated but not shipped or if they just sent the new parts to the dealers along with the new car. I can't imagine they would have some guy go out back and open up crates and pull the cars back out to do this install when they've got 'certified' mechanics at the dealerships.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My recall was done by the factory during regular build process and I think you've got a better chance that it was installed correctly under those conditions.

I like your thinking as mine was done at the factory as well.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The one guy I know, as I said on the other thread is not here on the forum, had his explode at Glamis around 12 hours while climbing Olds with paddle tires. The bolt broke and everything went to hel after that. His dealer installed the recall before he picked up the car. He had made the deal and the day before he picked it up dealer made him wait as the recall had just come out. So the dealer does the recall and he picked it up a few days later. This guy actually did his full 10 hour break in using the grey key so I don't think it was possible to abuse it.

I think an important thing to note is that the dealer did the install, not the factory. It's worth noting because we know not all dealer mechanics are created equal. Some are good, some suck. My recall was done by the factory during regular build process and I think you've got a better chance that it was installed correctly under those conditions.
I wonder if the factory even did the install on the units that were already built and crated but not shipped or if they just sent the new parts to the dealers along with the new car. I can't imagine they would have some guy go out back and open up crates and pull the cars back out to do this install when they've got 'certified' mechanics at the dealerships.
mine was done at factory ,114 miles and BAM its all over

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
mine was done at factory ,114 miles and BAM its all over
Your story is the one that makes me nervous. Factory installed and all that, this shouldn't happen.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Your story is the one that makes me nervous. Factory installed and all that, this shouldn't happen.
The "fix", is a crappy bandaid at best, a death from dehydration or freezing at worst! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts