Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I picked up my Maverick about 2 weeks ago. I've only had one good day of riding with it, but so far I love it. I'll be setting it up for mudding, so hopefully I can learn a few things from everyone on here. I've already ordered the QE diff, and a CVTech. Unfortunately, this is the first machine I've owned where tires weren't the first mod.

By the way, not a newb to owning Can-ams, but I did get rid of my 900XP for this.:big smile:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Good deal. I'm over in league city. Kris at cold blooded performance is in the same town you are. We all need to meet up and get a ride in.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
right on !

welcome

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In fact, I've been in contact with Kris already. I might end up doing the QSC instead of the CVTech. I haven't decided yet.
Where do you usually ride at?

·
Registered
144 Posts
The QSC's are working great on these machines. We go out to DSO here and there. There is another park over there that just opened right across the street. Don't know anything about it though. A few of us are heading out to lane city in between Wharton and bay city next weekend. Tough country is putting on an event. Never been but should be a good time.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
A Northwest Welcome!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Any of you south Texas guys ride at Mud Buddys, Creekside, or General Sams?... I'm in the Austin area and ride at Hidden Falls mostly but I'm dying to come down that way and play...

Myron

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome, live in Spring (north Houston), we usually head to DSO and Extreme ATV (old Mel's place across the street from DSO).

·
Registered
179 Posts
@ James,
I used to live in Conroe (River Plantation) and then in Fox Run and I used to ride spring creek back in the early 90's before the cops shut it down.. Are the places your referring to in that area? Can you still get back there to the creek? I had the most fun ridding out there!...

·
Registered
132 Posts
I know those places well! DSO and Mel's is about an hour away (Crosby)

Friend of mine just took this picture today as a matter of fact, second beach , we can go down to Spring creek from his house. My Dad and his friends use to ride Spring Creek all the time (Team HOBO and HTOWN Offroad)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365039976.428765.jpg

·
Registered
179 Posts
DUDE! I would give my left nut to be able to ride the creek again!!.. We had a system.. C.D.C.R. Cross-Drink-Cross-Repeat... check this out... My buddy and I rode Warrior's and we lived in Conroe (River Plantation) Its the sub division by the MX track on the San Jac River... We could ride from there all the way to the 59 and San Jack river crossing in Humble!... It was an awesome ride!.. did you know there is a house way out in the woods that got picked up during a flood and floated downstream for miles.. We all used to meet up at Broken Down Bridge and hang out there.. We would put in off Treaschwig by the gun range. If you have access I would love to haul my shit down there and ride with u guys!

Myron

·
Registered
144 Posts
Any of you south Texas guys ride at Mud Buddys, Creekside, or General Sams?... I'm in the Austin area and ride at Hidden Falls mostly but I'm dying to come down that way and play...

Myron
Yep. It's been a few years since I've been to mud buddy's though. DSO is a much better park then general sams or mud buddies though. Plan a trip and we will get some mavericks and commanders together for a weekend. I'm about an hour or less from DSO. Be a good time for sure.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Got a link for DSO? Is that what they call Down South ORV? Its on the river right? I' dont care for the mud too much, but the water and sandy beaches are awesome.. I loved riding the creak because the water wasnt nasty! My Brother is a Jeeper and rides Creekside alot and he wants me to go down there but sinking my shit in stank ass mud isnt my deal!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Got a link for DSO? Is that what they call Down South ORV? Its on the river right? I' dont care for the mud too much, but the water and sandy beaches are awesome.. I loved riding the creak because the water wasnt nasty! My Brother is a Jeeper and rides Creekside alot and he wants me to go down there but sinking my shit in stank ass mud isnt my deal!
Yeah that's it. The good thing about DSO is it has everything except rocks haha. There are some really bad holes out there but you can always go around.

·
Registered
132 Posts
DUDE! I would give my left nut to be able to ride the creek again!!.. We had a system.. C.D.C.R. Cross-Drink-Cross-Repeat... check this out... My buddy and I rode Warrior's and we lived in Conroe (River Plantation) Its the sub division by the MX track on the San Jac River... We could ride from there all the way to the 59 and San Jack river crossing in Humble!... It was an awesome ride!.. did you know there is a house way out in the woods that got picked up during a flood and floated downstream for miles.. We all used to meet up at Broken Down Bridge and hang out there.. We would put in off Treaschwig by the gun range. If you have access I would love to haul my shit down there and ride with u guys!

Myron
We still have access to it and make that exact same ride. Make that run a couple of weeks ago :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts