Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
I was just busting your balls aliittle. You will always have to use more clamps if you cut the wrap short. That's why I use their formula and then add more to it.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
I was just busting your balls aliittle. You will always have to use more clamps if you cut the wrap short. That's why I use their formula and then add more to it.
It's all good man, I figured somebody would get a good laugh out of it. I was pulling it off the roll and thinking surely that'll be good. Then I did it again and again and so on :) I really hope it helps cut back on the heat. I haven't even rode it, other than up and down the road a time or two.

It's all good man, I figured somebody would get a good laugh out of it. I was pulling it off the roll and thinking surely that'll be good. Then I did it again and again and so on :) I really hope it helps cut back on the heat. I haven't even rode it, other than up and down the road a time or two.
You should be impressed cuz it does work. I have used it on every exhaust system I've installed. Now I ceramic coat the exhaust then wrap it and I don't feel any heat anywhere. Hope you like your clutches.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Got the primary lapped and cleaned everything off. Installed primary and secondary everything has gone really smooth easy install. My question is now should the secondary be spinning with the primary. On the xp's I ever did work on the secondary barely if any moved until you gave some throttle. Haven't put in gear to see if it'll creep or not.

Nathan

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Ok just went from neutral to reverse and it was really hard getting it back into neutral and it wouldn't even go into park. What do I do put shims in secondary or need a diffirent spring.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Nathan

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Got in touch with Kris at coldblooded and he asked me to drive it around for a bit to give the belt time to wear since the machine is new and what do you know working like champ now.

awesome…good to hear.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Finally got it out today to stretch her legs. Damn, this thing is bad I've had xp's for the last 2 1/2 years and this definitely has alot more power. I'm sure the clutches help it alot but I could really tell a diffirence in the torque of it. Didn't just hold her wide open for a long stretch cuz I'm trying to break in the belt somewhat. Only thing I noticed was if I floored and run it up to 65 or so (had a whole lot more but trying to take it easy) then let out I could hear a rattle almost sounded like clutch chattering. Might be my door latches rattling but it sounded like it was coming from mid machine. Any ideas on what the chatter might be?

Thanks for everyone's help and advice, oh yeah 10ft black marks is a piece of cake.

Nathan

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.