Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped at dealer today and picked up the Mav. Sides of the seats were becoming an issue. Told me Can-Am revised the seat bushing to stop the side to side movement everyone is experiencing. They are getting new ones for me along with taking care of my seats. Those are even engineered differently also I guess. Maybe check into it if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I will be replacing my seats shortly with the new Beard seat called "Torque" made specially for the Maverick.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any pictures? Who carries them?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Look on the website. Koronis parts

·
Registered
150 Posts
got a pic of the new one's?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not yet. When I get them I'll post a pic.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
They told me they will have it with yellow accents also. So,here's a pic they sent me.
The company that will be building my new roll cage already has the seat installed in their Maverick.
I will be checking the comfort and taking measurements for my cage using their Maverick as a mockup.
As soon as their Maverick is back in the shop, I will post my opinion of the seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Stopped at dealer today and picked up the Mav. Sides of the seats were becoming an issue. Told me Can-Am revised the seat bushing to stop the side to side movement everyone is experiencing. They are getting new ones for me along with taking care of my seats. Those are even engineered differently also I guess. Maybe check into it if anyone's interested.
The issue I'm having is the driver's seat actually rubs against the cage and plastic side panel. To the point where the seat now has 3 holes worn in the material. It started from day one & the first 2hrs of riding. But I don't think it's a bushing issue with mine. I believe the cage is not aligned correctly, or seat brackets are out of whack. Either way, Can-am says everything is within "tolerance" and their suggested fix is to have the dealer trim the plastic side panel a little, give me a new seat and call it a day! I've looked at 5 other Mavericks and all of them have about 3/4" to 1" gap between seat and roll cage/side panel. Driver seat 1.jpg

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I know on the bottom part of the seat where it hits the plastic they have been trimming back the plastic at the dealer for years on the commander and they did it to my maverick when I brought it in with 3 hours and it had 1 tear on each seat they gave me new seat covers to!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The seat bushing are only for the rocking of the seat side to side. Nothing about seats tearing. My seats are rubbing the plastic on the sides also.I'm getting seat panels also.I see this as an issue. I think any seat that you put in there are gonna rub no matter what. Maybe an aftermarket guy who's replaced theirs already can chime in.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Any info on these "new" bushings? The part number for the rubber bumpers for the 2013 and 2014 are the same. (708000899) Mine are all ready ripping and my seat frame rattles and clunks...

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
The seat bushing are only for the rocking of the seat side to side. Nothing about seats tearing. My seats are rubbing the plastic on the sides also.I'm getting seat panels also.I see this as an issue. I think any seat that you put in there are gonna rub no matter what. Maybe an aftermarket guy who's replaced theirs already can chime in.
the dealer has been trimming them for years on the commander the side panels so it don't rub on the seat

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
My aftermarket PRP seats do not touch the plastics.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
My stock drivers side seat has some scuffs where you can tell it has rubbed but I think it will be fine if I modify the mount so it doesn't rock side to side. I have about 1" gap betweenthe seat and the plastic trim...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I will be replacing my seats shortly with the new Beard seat called "Torque" made specially for the Maverick.
After sitting in the torque's I didnt like em so I made a straight across trade between my stock Mav seats and some aftermarket PRP Can-Am seats.
Now just getting new covers made.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I stopped the other day and was told that they do not want to trim the plastic. So to answer the question, nothing new.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts