Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some opinions on seat belts, want to go with a harness system and get rid of these choking stock belts. My question is I am going to use the stock seats and run the belts thru the stock seat head rest. Would it be better to go with a 2” or a 3” wide belt, I’m thinking that the 3” belts would be too wide for the small stock headrest hole. Has anybody else used 3” belts with the stock seats?

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
i use the 3" paddes shoulder straps withthe stock seats. no neck pinching, just perfect in my opinion. To mke it right you need to keep the straps on the harness bar from sliding closer together. This will keep them in place.

i use clips and eyebolts from Crow Industries to make seat removal easy.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have 3" as well, no issues going through the headrest of the seat. Make sure to go with padded though, the ones without pads will tear up the sides of your neck.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I've had 3" in the past, and liked them. I decided to try 2" on the Maverick, and I like them just fine. I personally don't like the padded one's, it makes the belt too noticeable. Ebay has the best prices. I got mine for $35 each!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
3" padded for sure. 2" seemed to dig into my shoulders more when your riding hard. Be sure to feel the padding in the different brand belts because they are different. I run ProArmor 3" & they are very comfortable, used to run Crows and they seemed to rub my neck raw.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Yeeeeeep I'm on the 3" band wagon too. I have the Pro Armor 3" thru the head rest, I like em just fine

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
they say the 2'' comes lose easier then 3'' also

1 - 9 of 9 Posts