Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
some states have laws that say any vehical over 1000cc must meet safety standards for automobiles
like antilock brakes and airbags...
so a rzr over 1000cc is not going to happen ...the slingshot got stuck in the motorcycle category , thats not going to happen to a utv

Reactions: Hawk

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Can you just imagine the dealers repairing all that stuff? Good friggin luck boys. Lol
All the good mechanics out here left the dealer service depts for greener pastures.
If it's still the forklift driver position and the Edsel front grille we'll pass. I like being in the machine, not on it.

Also, Yamaha seems to have faded away and has been strangely quiet. I wouldn't be surprised if they introduce something bigger too. Can't give them away at our local dealers.
Heavy discounts.

·
Premium Member
8,096 Posts
some states have laws that say any vehical over 1000cc must meet safety standards for automobiles
like antilock brakes and airbags...
so a rzr over 1000cc is not going to happen ...the slingshot got stuck in the motorcycle category , thats not going to happen to a utv
What IF it was a race ONLY car with OFF ROAD ONLY stamped on the title?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
the dmv issues titles not the manufacturer. most utvs are titled as orvs. my point is over 1000cc and they say not a orv, your a automobile
good luck arguing with the dmv

·
Registered
389 Posts
As much as I despise Polarass, they managed to get several states to redefine their definitions of a motorcycle, so they could sell the Slingshot. They may do the same, if this is for real. Now, if they would lobby AZ to remove the 1800 lb threshold for the VLT fees, and go back to 2,500.

·
Registered
639 Posts
the dmv issues titles not the manufacturer. most utvs are titled as orvs. my point is over 1000cc and they say not a orv, your a automobile
Follow up to Megas question, do you know how companies like Dakart get around this? They have been using busa engines for years

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
All the good mechanics out here left the dealer service depts for greener pastures.
If it's still the forklift driver position and the Edsel front grille we'll pass. I like being in the machine, not on it.

Also, Yamaha seems to have faded away and has been strangely quiet. I wouldn't be surprised if they introduce something bigger too. Can't give them away at our local dealers.
Heavy discounts.
Yamaha takes forever to change. They held on to the Banshee for 20 years before they YFZ450. I would be surprised if they came out with a newly designed sport model.

Mechanics are hard to find, but a few dealers local to me still have some decent ones. Simi Cycles has a few good ones and Jetworld.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dive Bar Casanova

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
I am sure Polaris did their research on getting a UTV with a larger motor classified still as a UTV for all states. Not hard to get the law makers to adapt the regulation/law.

Polaris managed to get the Slingshot classified as a motorcycle when it is basically a 3 wheel car. Not even close to a Trike like Can Am or Harley make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts