Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank i appreciate it i liked the idea of tieing back into the cage above the fender just in case a roll over to keep from riping the fender off

·
Registered
548 Posts
Nice work. Looks like a solid, clean design.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Nice job. I been looking to pick up a bender so I could do my own bumpers. Anyone recommend a good one for DIY, not looking to open up a fab shop. I heard the harbor freight one was a waste of money but don't have the money for a jd squared. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
228 Posts
Looks awesome.post up some pictures of the finished product

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Very nice. Looks like a clean design

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nice job. I been looking to pick up a bender so I could do my own bumpers. Anyone recommend a good one for DIY, not looking to open up a fab shop. I heard the harbor freight one was a waste of money but don't have the money for a jd squared. Any suggestions??
Check out the Woodward Fab bender. It's similar to the JD2 just not in cost. I picked mine up from summit racing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone im very pleased with it. And it should be done in the next two days and ill post up some finished pictures

·
Registered
548 Posts
man, if you can save up to swing it, the JD2 is a sweet unit! maybe you could build a few bumpers for your buddies to offset the cost! We've got one at work that we do some little one off pieces with from time to time, and I really like it. I'm gonna be getting some 1-3/4" tube dies for it so I can build a cage next winter. The bottle jack type are ok for sticking a 90 in a piece, but there will generally be a bit of waste from trial and error on more complex bends, and it is hard to repeat with much accuracy. Not to say it can't be done, but it'll take some patience. JD2 makes a pretty cool notcher too.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Check out the Woodward Fab bender. It's similar to the JD2 just not in cost. I picked mine up from summit racing.
I haven't seen that one... I'll have to check it out. How is the repeatability with yours? That is the biggest issue I have seen with a lot of the different benders I have used.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
looks good.....first one I have seen that ties in above the rear fenders like that.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I haven't seen that one... I'll have to check it out. How is the repeatability with yours? That is the biggest issue I have seen with a lot of the different benders I have used.
It is very repeatable. Has a degree wheel and is the same type of a ratchet bender as the JD2. Dies are almost the same. this is what I have.
WFB2 WEB.jpg

·
Registered
548 Posts
That sure does look a lot like a JD2. Good find!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well here is the finished product im very happy with how it turned out. The dupli color matched awesome! Now just to get my light bar and custom stereo finished and mounted. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Very nice job

1 - 20 of 20 Posts