Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so we got to run a few rally raids in the maverick and its a blast. But my trail buggy with winch, radio, overbuilt cage ,linex lower panels , and with plenty of other small add on's is not light. With the base models 13s on sale that leaves a lot of room to build it the way you need one compared to a 14 model so going that route.
I Think a lot of people would be surprized at how much weight you can add to these thing (I would estimate mines 400lbs over stock ) and the stock maverick feels top heavy so my two biggest goals is weight and lower down. Going to try to weigh and track everything going on and coming off.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seats

There may be no such thing as a budget build but there are def limits and i have to prioritize what i have to have and what i can live with . So we made do with factory seats for now. First thing get the driver and passenger down. if you keep the stock plastic interrior panels you can get about 1 1/2 lower. With this one i took them out so the seats could go down about 2 1/2 inches . the tank and clutch cover become the limiting factory. I even modded the tank around vent to add a little clearance. There driver side is not to bad. Take out the adjustable rails and cut the stock rubber stops down will gain the 1 1/2. but then i had to but front rail to get on down to 2 1/2in drop. The passenger side either way you will have to completly cut the stock frame apart at the mounts and refab it. hears comparing my to driver seats that have been lowered. The one left is far as you go with stock plasitic right is with out .

Attachments

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
I lowered my seats about 4" on the driver side and about 2.5" on the passenger side. It's a job but well worth it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I keep thinking I want to do this but I like how comfortable my seats are at the current height.
Nice work

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You really need to take the rubber bushings off the rear of the drivers seat. It gives you a better lean and more room.
I really should have lowered everything before having the cage built but I ran out of time. But like I said it very comfortable at the current height.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Just make sure that the harness bar in the new cage is far enough back so you can lean the seat back in the future.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Just make sure that the harness bar in the new cage is far enough back so you can lean the seat back in the future.
Actually already told him to give me enough room so I can move or lean the seat back another 1"

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wheels

Got the wheels together . Decided to try the current trend of same size tire all way around . Hiper beadlocks with 26x9x12 ITP TerraCross R/T XD. Saved a little weight here although not as much as i had hoped. The new set up is 37lbs a wheel. Stock front 35lb rear 42lb. Saved 8lb of rotating mass. Not a lot. but thats going from a none bead lock to a bead lock

Attachments

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Are those the single or double bead lock.
They must be the singles since he says they are 26"x9 x12. and you can kinda see the inside of the other rear rim in the picture. but I could be wrong.

My problem is I cant stop thinking about those PRP Podium seats. I have looked at your pictures 100 times. I keepwondering since you lowered your by 4" you must have had to move them forward a bit right? Thinking you need to keep the back of the seat away from the shock tower mount. So for me if I dont lower the seat the wider should portion should be close to the plastic. Should be nothing a little trimming won't solve.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are those the single or double bead lock.
Yes 12in single bead lock. Hiper said they have a single side 14in coming in about 6 weeks. I think that would allow 5x1 offset and actually stay under the factory width. these are 4x2 . the rear is still same offset from the hub to outside of wheel but the front is about 1/2in out futher from the hub than stock making the truck gain a 1in in width

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
My problem is I cant stop thinking about those PRP Podium seats. I have looked at your pictures 100 times. I keepwondering since you lowered your by 4" you must have had to move them forward a bit right? Thinking you need to keep the back of the seat away from the shock tower mount. So for me if I dont lower the seat the wider should portion should be close to the plastic. Should be nothing a little trimming won't solve.
I'm 6'5, those seats didn't go forward at all. I rocked them back and dropped them.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
minuse 22lbs

Didnt have time to install it but got the new exhaust (barkers) out of the box and the stocker off.
stock silencer and cat=45lbs
Barkers 3/4 exhaust 22lbs
D ought i can loose much more weight . From here out it may just be minimizing what i have to add to stay reliable

Attachments

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Didnt have time to install it but got the new exhaust (barkers) out of the box and the stocker off.
stock silencer and cat=45lbs
Barkers 3/4 exhaust 22lbs
D ought i can loose much more weight . From here out it may just be minimizing what i have to add to stay reliable
does the barker have a X cross over or is it straight single piping to each muffler

also I heard the sway bar weights 22lbs also if u need to lose more weight

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
does the barker have a X cross over or is it straight single piping to each muffler

also I heard the sway bar weights 22lbs also if u need to lose more weight
I bet it weighs more than that as I've had one out but it is need for body roll

1 - 20 of 42 Posts