Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can-Am Maverick Race Air Intake System. Our new race air intake system drastically increases throttle response and horsepower while eliminating the restrictive factory intake system. Intake system has been highly engineered and tested providing maximum air flow to the motor. Our innovative design draws air from within the Maverick cab assuring only clean dry air is entering the intake. Air filter adapter is CNC machined and flow tested minimizing air turbulence when entering the motor. System is designed and manufactured in the USA using only the highest grade American Made materials available. Built from light weight CNC shaped aluminum to minimize weight. Heavy ply heat resistant silicone tube attaches the intake box to the throttle body to maintain low air temperatures. Intake system completely eliminates the factory intake system up to the throttle body. Kit includes a reusable K&N air filter, pre filter and crank case breather. Comes with everything required for installation and can be installed in under 60 minutes utilizing standard household tools. Assembly comes powder coated in heat reflecting metallic silver.

MSRP: $374.95
Forum Member Price: $356.21

Use code save5 to receive your forum member price

Link to product:
http://www.turnkeyutv.com/turnkey-parts.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=140&category_id=60

Tested and used by Can-Am X-Team racers Zac Zakowski & Kyle Chaney

Review by TurnKey UTV Can-Am X-Team Racer Zac Zakowski of Zakowski Motorsports

"The install was very simple and eliminated a lot of unnecessary parts and clutter in the front of the car, giving this thing a really mean and custom look. Most companies wouldn't care about looks with a part like this that is hidden under the hood but this intake looks like a show piece. The cowl induction design of the air box should do a great job taking in more air while keeping water and debris out, not to mention the protection of the K&N air cleaner."

I noticed right away that the throttle response was night and day different, getting rid of a lot of the lag that is there with Can-Am's throttle set up. The power came on stronger and faster. Bottom end power was consistent but I could really tell that the machine pulled harder in the mid-top range, which is great for our racing and trail riding. Giving you a smooth ride but plenty of power on top!!"

- Zac Zakowski

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Will the factory autotune system adjust for the increased air flow or do you need to get another fuel controller?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
What he said--- I'm in if no fuel controller. That and a cat delete and I'm good for a little bit.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
No the factory computer and oxygen sensors will not adjust for more airflow. It was said months ago when somebody was Dyne jet that it only makes adjustments up to about 17% throttle.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it adjusts for more air. Its the same as changing elevations with the vehicle. You could take it from sea level to the top of Pikes Peak and it makes adjustments for it. Its fuel injected.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Good looking piece Adam. Might have just found something to blow this weekends O.T. on...LOL

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yes it adjusts for more air. Its the same as changing elevations with the vehicle. You could take it from sea level to the top of Pikes Peak and it makes adjustments for it. Its fuel injected.
I also have a muzzy and a digi tune, so will I need to tune my fuel controller for the added air flow?

I remember when I added an exhaust, fuel controller and an intake on my raptor and it made a big difference in throttle response.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
No the factory computer and oxygen sensors will not adjust for more airflow. It was said months ago when somebody was Dyne jet that it only makes adjustments up to about 17% throttle.
Hmmm! thats does not make a lot of sense to me as the O2 sensor is typically setup to provide a 14.7 AFR up until a specific RPM. Most modern vechiles that value is around 4000 RPM and then it goes into open loop using predetermined air/fuel mixtures based on the TPS and MAP sensor. I would suspect the rotax is much higher as it's normal average range is 6500 RPM. Is it possible the 17% is the +/- correction range?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Hmmm! thats does not make a lot of sense to me as the O2 sensor is typically setup to provide a 14.7 AFR up until a specific RPM. Most modern vechiles that value is around 4000 RPM and then it goes into open loop using predetermined air/fuel mixtures based on the TPS and MAP sensor. I would suspect the rotax is much higher as it's normal average range is 6500 RPM. Is it possible the 17% is the +/- correction range?
I think that is what he meant, but not certain.
I have a fuel controller but not sure if ineed to change anything if I install this. I dont want to cause a problem with being too lean.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'd really be happy just to go back to a cone filter regardless of performance gain. That's the one thing I miss about my rzr. I hate pannel filters

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
It was on a thread here on the forum earlier in the year. I think it was Dyno Jet that said that it's open loop to about 17% throttle, then it's closed loop after that. Not my words people, just what I remember from the thread.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
It was on a thread here on the forum earlier in the year. I think it was Dyno Jet that said that it's open loop to about 17% throttle, then it's closed loop after that. Not my words people, just what I remember from the thread.
That still does not answer my question. Do you need to retune if you add the intake?
So the autotune will only self adjust for upto 17% throttle?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts