Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just had the latest clutch recall installed which involved replacing the secondary bolt with a stud. My dealer service manager at Apache Motorsports in Mesa, AZ supplied with copies of the factory installation sheets for not only the secondary but also the primary stud recall. So kudos to them, they've been good to me and I'm going to upload those relevant installation sheets here for anyone else that wants or needs them.

Instructions for primary installation are in the attachments that follow.

View attachment Primary 5 of 21.pdf
View attachment Primary 6 of 21.pdf
View attachment Primary 7 of 21.pdf
View attachment Primary 8 of 21.pdf
View attachment Primary 9 of 21.pdf
View attachment Primary 10 of 21.pdf
View attachment Primary 11 of 21.pdf
View attachment Primary 12 of 21.pdf
View attachment Primary 13of 21.pdf
View attachment Primary 14 of 21.pdf

Here's a link to the installation sheets for the secondary.
http://www.maverickforums.net/forum/11-engine-drivetrain/7519-new-secondary-clutch-stud-torque-installation-procedure.html

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to post this for everyone.

·
Registered
244 Posts
so everytime you take off the primary you literally have to do that same procedure??

or with the stud/nut all installed can I just torque it up to 59 etc.....??

thanks

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Yes just torque it to 59 then do the set screw and you're done. The studs are reusable so no need to replace those

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Correct on the extra 90*

·
Registered
298 Posts
It was mentioned earlier that the primary stud is TPA and should be replaced every 4 tightening sequences. Its not good forever.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
It was mentioned earlier that the primary stud is TPA and should be replaced every 4 tightening sequences. Its not good forever.
Wrong. It was suggested that after 4 uses it gets changed. There is no fact or documentation from Can-am supporting this method or anything stating it has to be changed

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks for posting the info, I had to put it to use not too long ago when I blew a belt. A lot of debris got behind the secondary helix requiring removal of the secondary clutch to dig it out. I read the Note: no thread lock used in this procedure, shown page 1. So I never used any during re-assembly, which cost me replacement of the secondary clutch because both stud nuts backed off letting the clutch come apart at high speed. This resulted as I later figured out, the back half sheave getting bent. When I put it back together the second time I did not use lock-tight on the end of the stud that threads in the stub shaft but did use high strength thread locker on both stud nuts. It never came apart again until I took it apart after another belt failure due to the bent sheave mentioned earlier. I ended up buying a STM secondary as a replacement which I am pleased with so far. I believe the stock secondary is ok and think had I used threadlocker in those areas I mentioned the first time, $$$ could have been saved.

Reactions: wv cmt

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the info. GREAT post

1 - 12 of 12 Posts