Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Don't worry guys for the 3k more than the maverick I can sell ya alot of hop up parts for the mav and blow the stock rzr away . I'm seeing only 2 hp difference between them but we will have to wait and find out!!

Tyler , Devious PowerSports

·
Registered
761 Posts
I dare Polaris to put out,,,,say 20 more hp then the Can Am. I know that are Rotax have plenty of power potential there. Wonder if this is going to start a rumor about a "key" to unleash more power for your Maverick like back in the Commander days. lol

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
I have plans to do a BBK this winter so Polaris can bring it on. Of course I may have to get one too and check it out.

I'm curious to know what the feat year bugs will be. Belt problems are almost a given and I'm going to guess the front of the frame will still be as weak as the 900.

I'm still looking forward to it regardless.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
meh...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I'm sure even a 2 seater is going to be in the 20k+ price range, or close to it. Even Polaris had problems with the 900 when it first came out. The guy I ride with has a 2012 900 Rzr LE that has literally blown up 3 times. You can see him in the video's I've posted, he's a heck of a driver and takes care of his machines. He said he'd never buy another Polaris. In fact he still has the 900 in his garage. He's letting it go for like 11k or some madness. Just wants to be done with it.

I'll stick with the Maverick...clutch problems and all.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't have to have the fastest. I want the most reliable. Nothing is worst then planning a trip and your machine breaks down.
My Mav has let me down a few times already! I don't need to be the fastest but it is nice to get to the destination though. My Mav likes being at the dealer getting fixed I suppose?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Alright gents, ask and you shall receive.

$19,599 is MSRP.. New RZR XP II 1000cc

Full tube chassis
103HP
94" WB
72" wide
5" wider cabin
18" travel front and rear
Boxed A-arms in front
Boxed Trailing Arms in rear
Power steering
factory Garmin GPS

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
10'' longer then mav, and 18'' travel , and 8'' wider , pretty big

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The picture shows tubular front A-arms not boxed.
But everything else sounds about right.
If it is 103 HP, it will a lot quicker than the Mav. Simply due to the power to weight ratio. It's suppose to blow away the XP900, so it will most likely beat the Mav. However that doesn't mean it will stay together.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
every year there will always be a new guy with a few more ponies , that's what keeps this HP wars game alive , we like it , that means it will keep increasing as competition climbs

I thought it would have 110hp, 103 makes me feel better , lol :)

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
This is exactly what I figured. The PWC HP wars were the same way. I bought 1 BRP RXP, and 1 RXT (2 &3 seat versions) in 2005. They were the latest & greatest bad mofo's on the block for PWC with 215 hp supercharged. 2 years later Kawie upped the hp to 250, the year after that BRP made theirs 255 hp. I think the new Kawie Ulta is 300 f'n hp. Let the HP wars begin.....lol

21 - 40 of 56 Posts