Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where he got it, but my buddy just sent this. It maybe old news, sorry if I'm late to the party. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374019611.997799.jpg

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You can bet it will have better all around stats than the Maverick or the Wildcat. But at the end of the day, who cares? I only got rid of my wildcat because it had huge clutch problems, and that fix was $2000...and still it would have been a dog. But when I was getting passed by Rzr's and Can-Am's...did I care? Ok, a little...but not that much. I am not going to go buy a Rzr unless it gives me a reach around as I drive...nuff said. ;) Jokes aside, the Maverick is all most of us need...and one heck of a nice machine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's look seems sort of similar to the newer Polaris sleds. The door is horrible but other than that it seems promising.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Not sure where he got it, but my buddy just sent this. It maybe old news, sorry if I'm late to the party. View attachment 3219
Inside source so take it with a grain assault.

18" travel front and rear.
103 hp
94" wheelbase
72" wide and 5" wider in cabin area.
tubed chassis
pwr. steering
suspension big upgrade. boxed arms. thinking wider for the extra travel but not necessarily good though.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'd like to see it with the cage on it. From this pic, I think it's going to be a nice ride. Love having all these good machines hit the market.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bastards. I can get these practically at dealer cost but the only reason I didn't get one is because they have no damn leg room. Still sounds like they didn't fix that little problem though. I really like the thought of the 18 inches of travel though. But you can't beat a Rotax motor!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Inside source so take it with a grain assault.

18" travel front and rear.
103 hp
94" wheelbase
72" wide and 5" wider in cabin area.
tubed chassis
pwr. steering
suspension big upgrade. boxed arms. thinking wider for the extra travel but not necessarily good though.
These are pretty much the stats I've heard.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
72 inches wide is going to make it challenging for toy haulers. Heck, even a 7 foot wide enclosed trailer is going to be tough for some fat @sses to squeeze between the wall and popo just to get into the darn thing.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
72 inches wide is going to make it challenging for toy haulers. Heck, even a 7 foot wide enclosed trailer is going to be tough for some fat @sses to squeeze between the wall and popo just to get into the darn thing.
That's true, 72" is wide but it should fit depending on the model and cabinet layout.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
The toy haulers with true garages shouldn't be a problem but the toy haulers with garage integrated into the kitchen area will be challenging but like you said it depends on the layout.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I sure hope it isn't 72". Right now the Mav, Wildcat, and Rzr are 64"...and when you see the videos I make it looks really wide, sometimes it is. But other times it isn't and heaven forbid if someone is coming the opposite direction. 72 wide is too wide, I don't care what is has. My buddy who is one of the engineers that designed the damn things won't tell me squat...just teases me. We shall see soon enough. There is a VIP ride this weekend, but you had to sign NDA's and such. No cell phones or cameras, and it's in f-ing Washington for some reason. You'd THINK maybe it would be in Minnesota..but noooooo. Otherwise I would have gone....

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
The front arms are NOT boxed. That was bad information and there is no evidence of a tube chassis in the pictures.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Sounds interesting. May have to look into this one. I have been looking at a Maverick to compliment my LT Commander however this one has promise. Just hope they have improved upon the quality. It was the poor quality that swayed me to the Commander in the beginning.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I sure hope it isn't 72". Right now the Mav, Wildcat, and Rzr are 64"...and when you see the videos I make it looks really wide, sometimes it is. But other times it isn't and heaven forbid if someone is coming the opposite direction. 72 wide is too wide, I don't care what is has.

My Maverick is 68" wide since I added 2" spacers on each side.WAY better to drive & alot more stable. It also softens up the suspension a ton so much better.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I sure hope it isn't 72". Right now the Mav, Wildcat, and Rzr are 64"...and when you see the videos I make it looks really wide, sometimes it is. But other times it isn't and heaven forbid if someone is coming the opposite direction. 72 wide is too wide, I don't care what is has.

My Maverick is 68" wide since I added 2" spacers on each side.WAY better to drive & alot more stable. It also softens up the suspension a ton so much better.
Desertdog, What spacers are you running and where did you purchase them?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

That's why you get the trailer that has the escape door on it. See them all the time..lol...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts