Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of replacing the inner wheel well panels, but what these are selling for seemed a little steep for 4 pieces of metal. I had a shop that we subcontract to, shear me 4 pieces of aluminum and picked them up. $80 dollars. Stopped on the way home last night and picked up a cordless dewalt jig saw and a couple packs of blades. $150 dollars. (Been wanting one anyway)
Took about 3 minutes to cut out and drill mounting holes. Cleaned up the corners with grinder and done.

I wanted the raw aluminum look, there is already enough yellow on this thing and if they were black you wouldn't even see them. I think I will hit them lightly with a wire wheel to give them a brushed finish. I will finish the other three tonight or this weekend and try to get better pics posted.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Pretty nice!!! :)

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ya super easy to make just use old one as a template and bam done ! I dimple died holes in mine to make lil stronger

·
Registered
363 Posts
ya super easy to make just use old one as a template and bam done ! I dimple died holes in mine to make lil stronger

Ill take a set please! :)

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I had the fab shop down the street cut mine out of some 1/8" aluminum sheet I had laying around a while back. Much less expensive, and like you said...I like the raw aluminum look

1 - 5 of 5 Posts