Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm a new member to the forum and looking for a bit of advice to help me choose between either getting a new 2014 mav xrs or saving a chunk of cash and getting a 2013. Is there any major changes from last years models? I'd be using it mostly for mud and a bit of trails also I live in a flat boring province so good handling in high speeds on gravel\dirt. I own a 2013 commander love it but gets a bit squirly on the gravel.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
The 14s have options that some members wanted but they are not any diff than the 13 as far as motor. .clutch and power are concerned.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
So nothing really different that would help out in mud and handling?
The biggest items on the list is if you choose the XRS models, they are now equipped with power steering, as well as the QE Visco Lock differential which, yes makes a difference in mud, but more in the rocks. If I were you and focused on mud, the QE would be pretty important. I don't ride mud, but lots of creeks, and rocks, etc. There is a major difference with the QE in my opinion.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The biggest items on the list is if you choose the XRS models, they are now equipped with power steering, as well as the QE Visco Lock differential which, yes makes a difference in mud, but more in the rocks. If I were you and focused on mud, the QE would be pretty important. I don't ride mud, but lots of creeks, and rocks, etc. There is a major difference with the QE in my opinion.
I would agree with this statement.
Since you will most likely be making monthly payments, you should also consider that difference between the 2 models.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your decision. Best bang for the buck will be a 2013 model. You will save a lot of money if you shop around and get a good deal on one. Leaving you lot's of money to upgrade/customize to your liking. The 14's do have some minor upgrades but nothing that warrant's the price difference right now. Just ensure you get the recalls done on the 2013 model and you will be at a good starting place.....

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Where did you get ps for $400?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
he must of bought it used , 550 new is the cheapest I seen

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Yea he got it from st222 I was trying to get it also but to late.where did you see it for that price?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
this guy on facebook

kits They MSRP for $649.99 I can do $580 on them so you'll save $70 and thats shipped to your door. The company is doing a price increase mid month so these kits will be going up $50 i heard. Not sure if true or not but im going to try to push as many as possible before then. Thanks again - JT, @teamfasmotorsports

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You can get a brand new XRS for 12k? I hope I read this wrong.....I have 700 miles on mine and I wouldn't sell it for 12k...I'd light in on fire and watch it burn before I did.....

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
You can get a brand new XRS for 12k? I hope I read this wrong.....I have 700 miles on mine and I wouldn't sell it for 12k...I'd light in on fire and watch it burn before I did.....
ive seen base for 12999 and xrs 13999 (2013) by the time 9% tax - 400 doc - set up and delivery 900-1200 - / 15500-16k OTD !

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I got my Xrs in July for under $14K out the door. That included tax, and all dealer doc fees. I also had them include the first service, soft top, rear receiver hitch, and cargo bed liner in that price. I also got 2.1% financing for 36 months....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts