Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Everyone one will say something different and the manual will tell you what can am recommends I personally have always broke in everything the way I am going to drive it or ride it and have never had an issue but like I said everyone does it differently and if you're concerned about how you should then I would recommend doing what the manual says with the exception of maintenance I do that way more frequently... enjoy The New ride you will love it

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
Ive broke my last 3 cars in, in the sand , puts a good load on the engine to get a good seat on the rings and like cal said drive it like your gonna run it, but do a few heat cycles , I run for about 15 minutes then take a 30 min. Break then do it again I do this 3or 4 times then extend to about 30 min runs never doing full throttle or running at a steady pace always up and down on the throttle after about 25 miles its time to rip but no extended long runs till a hundred miles

·
Premium Member
9,041 Posts
Drive it like you stole it! These engines are broken in at the factory. As mentioned, stagger your throttle, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, on and off. I broke both of mine in at Glamis, no 10 hours, no ECO key. Just don't go full throttle for any extended periods of time, and you should be fine.

Make sure you have an extra belt or two, and the clutch spreader tool. Some guys didn't get it in their tool bag.

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
If they're "broken in at the factory" they did mine in 1.9 miles (odometer reading at delivery).

This subject has been discussed probably 50+ times. Is the search button broken ???

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
Mine doesn't work just tells me word not found , try again

·
Premium Member
9,041 Posts
If they're "broken in at the factory" they did mine in 1.9 miles (odometer reading at delivery).

This subject has been discussed probably 50+ times. Is the search button broken ???

Every engine made from any manufacturer, BRP, Ford Chevy, etc.are partially broken in at the factories. I don't know when they hook up the speedos but they run them on rollers, similar to a dyno. They have too. Do you actually think they just roll off the assembly line and ship? They have to know if everything works.

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Every engine made from any manufacturer, BRP, Ford Chevy, etc.are partially broken in at the factories. I don't know when they hook up the speedos but they run them on rollers, similar to a dyno. They have too. Do you actually think they just roll off the assembly line and ship? They have to know if everything works.
Big difference between break in & function test. Just saying.

·
Premium Member
9,041 Posts
Big difference between break in & function test. Just saying.

Yeah, agree, but it has been "run". And I've seen videos of cars / trucks when they stand on the peddle. Probably should have said "partially broken in", LOL.

·
Premium Member
9,041 Posts
Yeah, agree, but it has been "run". And I've seen videos of cars / trucks when they stand on the peddle. Probably should have said "partially broken in", LOL.
Just reread it, I did say partially broken in. I feel better now, LOL!

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Congrats and welcome from mesa AZ.
This is how I broke mine in, the article says you will see a significant increase in overall HP when you seat the rings properly. From what I have experienced I would agree. People talk about breaking in belts for the first 25 to 30 miles. These are the most critical engine break in miles. Bottom line is I am much more concerned about a 6k motor that I am with a 160.00 belt. Side note my first belt went 1200 miles.
Link to break in method.
Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

·
Registered
3 Posts
I broke mine in per the manual. No issues. I have 3 buddies that didn't break theirs in and all 3 started going into limp mode around the 10-12 hour mark. Dont know if it's just a coincidence but enough proof for me to continue to break in any new motor as recommended.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts