Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my maverick a week ago, already in the shop for warranty work with 50 miles on it.i didn't even make it through 1 day of riding and the rear diff. broke. had to cancel my labor day trip. has anyone else experienced this? i was searching around and it sounds like it is pretty common on the commander.i really hope the clutch isn't next, the dealer said it has the latest update and they have not seen any return with this fix.i have been looking at the forum for a long time. this is not how i wanted to join.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did not check the fluid level,i just took it back to the dealer. but they told me they check it when they do the pdi.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Rear diff problems here have not been common. Bad luck. The maverick diff is different from the commander.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the only thing i could find when i was searching was a guy that said his was starting to make noise at 1200 mi.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Hopefully, it was just a bad part and they get you a new one and your troubles are over. That is why we have warranties….it just sucks that it ruined your Labor Day trip.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Hopefully this is just a fluke and your dealer forgot to fill it. They will have you up and running in no time, welcome to the site

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
U are the first to have a diff problem so it's far from anything u need to worry about !

·
Registered
394 Posts
If they forgot to fill it they should pull one out of a new machine and get you on your trip!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i really don't want to mention the dealer's name until this is all taken care of,i think it had fluid in it because when i picked it up there was some fluid under the front diff that i called them on and they said it was spilled from checking them during the assembly process. i cleaned it up when i got home and i never saw anymore.i just want to put some miles on this thing before the rainy season is here,maybe next weekend.then i will have to get the 10 hr. taken of which i plan on doing myself if it does not affect my warranty.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I can't imagine any crate shipping with oil in it. Most shippers refuse, especially overseas. I don't know but I'll bet they are bone dry new.
Even antifreeze is a no no

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
We have to have our wood certification at ports or they will deny shipping of our sea crates. Tiny bugs in wood

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yep I agree with play-doh
The dealer might have overlooked the rear diff.
Good news is its not a common problem on the maverick so you won't have to deal with it again.

·
Registered
711 Posts
i have seen the wildest abuse you can put a maverick under, full throttle launches with high stall clutches, popping wheelies with 34" mud tires, burn-outs on pavement, rock racing up rocky hills at full throttle with the tires bouncing from rock to rock catching traction with no diff failures. the rear diff in the maverick is a huge diff. i have not seen one blow yet, i would say you are the 1st i have seen or read about.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that is good to hear,i will probably never know if it actually had oil in it though.i just wish i could use it this weekend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts