Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from SW Washington! I've been lurking for a few months now since I purchased my RC RR in June of this year. So far I've been enjoying ripping the crap out of this machine frequenting Coos Bay, Brown's Camp and Northern Nevada. I grew up on dirt bikes and jeeps in the deserts of Southern California and the comparative capabilities of this X3 are unreal.

I've been doing tons of reading on this forum and thanks to all the regulars posting such helpful information I have been able to nail down everything I do and don't need at this time to get my machine exactly where I want it to be.

Here's a pic from the very first break in trip to Sand Lake before I even had paddles. Started off with 2 flags and ripped the first one off in about 7 minutes. Learned a lot since that first outing and still have much to learn.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Welcome from NW Oregon!
Congrats on the nice machine, yes a lot of info on here. Maybe we'll cross paths somewhere out on the coast.
I like no more than 4ft whips with all the overhang in the trails.
Keep the rubber side down...

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Congratulations
Welcome from wherever our truck parks our home for the night
Ocotillo Wells SVRA

Barbara

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,835 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ, congrats. Nice pic.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome from Nova Scotia, Canada.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the warm welcome. The 4' whips seem to be a much better idea than the 6' ones i was previously running. Those side trails around the dunes have some low overhangs.

Welcome from Central Oregon.... let me know if you ever head over to my area.
K goodrich any recommendations on areas/trails in Central Oregon. How is the Cline Butte area?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Thank you all for the warm welcome. The 4' whips seem to be a much better idea than the 6' ones i was previously running. Those side trails around the dunes have some low overhangs.
I also like to keep them on a slight angle pointed back, really seemed to help.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Another welcome from Central Oregon!

K goodrich any recommendations on areas/trails in Central Oregon. How is the Cline Butte area?
Cline Butte is OK for a day trip with your kids, but it's very much playing 'inside the box'.

Seasonal closures notwithstanding, 2510/millican, Fort Rock, Chemult/Crescent are much better areas for exploring.

Check out Central Oregon SxS if your heading to the area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cline Butte is OK for a day trip with your kids, but it's very much playing 'inside the box'.

Seasonal closures notwithstanding, 2510/millican, Fort Rock, Chemult/Crescent are much better areas for exploring.

Check out Central Oregon SxS if your heading to the area.
Thanks for the recommendations kbeefy! Those look like some worthwhile areas from a quick google search.

I still haven’t decided on where to go camping for this coming Thanksgiving, now I’ve got a couple more places to consider.

·
Registered
3 Posts
morning from Niagara, Canada
recently purchased Maverick Sport 1000 fun machine!!
handle is Kevin
Tnx
Was our for 3 hours today in 4c (41f) weather. Girlfriend is getting used to the mud trails!! Stopped at a local car wash and left the mud behind!!
Next to install the side windows a back utility box before it snows here!
Cheers K.

·
Registered
2018 CanAm Maverick X3
19 Posts
Greetings from SW Washington! I've been lurking for a few months now since I purchased my RC RR in June of this year. So far I've been enjoying ripping the crap out of this machine frequenting Coos Bay, Brown's Camp and Northern Nevada. I grew up on dirt bikes and jeeps in the deserts of Southern California and the comparative capabilities of this X3 are unreal.

I've been doing tons of reading on this forum and thanks to all the regulars posting such helpful information I have been able to nail down everything I do and don't need at this time to get my machine exactly where I want it to be.

Here's a pic from the very first break in trip to Sand Lake before I even had paddles. Started off with 2 flags and ripped the first one off in about 7 minutes. Learned a lot since that first outing and still have much to learn.

View attachment 262706

1 - 18 of 18 Posts