Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed up to the forum. Am a die hard Polaris owner that is considering making the switch. Just sold my customized 2009 RZR S. Liking the look of the new Mavericks and seeings how my local dealer is a BRP dealer it makes more sense to get one.

Heard of a few problems with the Maverick X's and would be interested in hearing how they have been over time.

Glad to be part of the forum and look forward to hearing some info.

Thanks.

Rob.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I don't understand, if your a die hard Polaris fan why not buy the new Xp1K? I have a 2008 Teryx with a built 880 which I love but since I have switched to the Maverick I love it even more. IMO the Maverick is a very well built machine. The primary clutch is the only concern and this problem doesn't seem to be consistent so I replaced mine. Other than that, the Maverick is a beast and IMO the rotax is the best built engine in any SxS.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Not the first problem with mine and I've had it since December. Sorry I bent a tie rod. Other than that awesome machine

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum….I have only had mine 2 months now but absolutely love it. I have had zero problems but have been taking care of the known problem areas before they become a problem…..My town is 90% Polaris because of the huge Polaris dealership in my area. We now have a Can Am dealer and they are picking up popularity. We went on a nice ride today from down in the valley all the way up to the ski resort and surrounding mountains. I ran into a few Polaris drivers and they all wanted to stop and check it out…their Polaris' looked like toys compared to the Maverick. We rode for about 6 hours and i could have ridden another 6. The ride is plush and the ergonomics are the best I have seen….you will enjoy the choice you made.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome. Sounds like everyone likes their Mavericks. The reason I'm considering one over the Polaris is 1) something different. And 2) the closest Polaris dealer is now 1 1/2 hrs away BS the Can Am dealer being 15 minutes. I've been around Polaris for many years even owning a dealership back in the early 2000's. the Maverick looks to be a solid machine.

I've heard about the clutch issues, and I've heard they had/are having some frame breaking issues? Any truth to this?

I am not fishing, just want to be as informed as I can be before making a decision.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Unaware of frame issues and I've been involved with this forum since day one. Some folks had trouble with clutches breaking bolts and some folks like me have bent there tie rods. Some have even broken them. I went with an aftermarket rod and haven't had a problem that wasn't self inflicted since.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome. Sounds like everyone likes their Mavericks. The reason I'm considering one over the Polaris is 1) something different. And 2) the closest Polaris dealer is now 1 1/2 hrs away BS the Can Am dealer being 15 minutes. I've been around Polaris for many years even owning a dealership back in the early 2000's. the Maverick looks to be a solid machine.

I've heard about the clutch issues, and I've heard they had/are having some frame breaking issues? Any truth to this?

I am not fishing, just want to be as informed as I can be before making a decision.

Thanks again.

I personally have not seen or heard of a single frame issue. Other than the well known clutch issues, there have been some reported tie rod failures and a very few cases of the front A-arm mounts bending or in extreme cases, ripping off. But all of this can be prevented with some gussets and aftermarket tie rods…..

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have been racing mine and i tried to jump this gap about 20-25 feet before this hard left turn. I didn't make it and i cased it hard. I ripped of the front skid off. No frame damage. It was a very hard hit.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
We convert at least one a week over here! people are tired of low quality, mass produced, cookie cutter machines. Yea I think the frame damage you heard of was the a-arm mount getting ripped off. I push mine every chance I get and I'm here to tell you, it's solid.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good to hear. I really like the looks and ergos of the Maverick. Time will tell if one ends up in our trailer.

·
Registered
147 Posts
There solid machines, maybe a cut above with regards to engineering. After all, variety is the spice of life!!! Welcome to you sir.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good to know... I'm having my tire guy look into your dune tire setup today. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I got mine through Tyler at Devoius Powersports. Very good person to deal with and he is in Oregon so he is local to where we ride.
Send him a pm and get his phone #. He is always quick to respond and everything from him ships fast.
So far he has hooked me up with my sand wheels and tires, 5pt harnesses, harness bar....some other things, I can't remember at the moment.
I think I miss quoted the rear paddles on my machine, I said they were 12 inch wide, they are 12.5 wide.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the purchase. Is there some good riding in north bend? I live in Puyallup,wa always trying to find new riding areas.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome Bigtruck! Glad to have you on the forum. I'm from Washington State as well in Lake Stevens. Had my Mav since March and other than the BRP recall issues, I've not had any problems either. I've rode the dunes at Winchester, Florence, Potholes and a few trails and having a ball with mine. Once again, welcome.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts