Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here. Currently in a 2014 OG Maverick 1000R looking to make the move to an X3 either XMR or DS RR.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mostly trail riding that gets pretty muddy during the rainy season and I really need a 64” wide machine vice 72”. I have seen 72’s on some of the trails I ride but it can get real narrow in spots and 64 would work better for me. And I like the way the XMR’s look but the power of the RR models.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Mostly trail riding that gets pretty muddy during the rainy season and I really need a 64” wide machine vice 72”. I have seen 72’s on some of the trails I ride but it can get real narrow in spots and 64 would work better for me. And I like the way the XMR’s look but the power of the RR models.
The stability of the 72" is much better and most people who have the 64" and find they can fit a 72" typically have regrets. I've seen this over and over, versus the other way around. If you're in mud 90%, of the time, need a snorkel and don't mind tearing up every inch of ground it rolls across with cryptid tires it might fit your style. Remember looks are surface to the eye, if it's merely for trail riding the XMR isn't the best choice and would really suggest looking into the RC and features it has to offer. Yes and the power difference of the RR models and RC is also a major factor to consider. You're spending big $$ for what it's designed to do so get the most out of it and also don't short change yourself as I've seen with people who buy the DS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are probably right. The way mine sits now is a small cheap lift on 32’s without a snorkel and I haven’t had any issues going anywhere yet. I don’t typically go where there is a good chance that I will get stuck.

·
Premium Member
12,188 Posts
You are probably right. The way mine sits now is a small cheap lift on 32’s without a snorkel and I haven’t had any issues going anywhere yet. I don’t typically go where there is a good chance that I will get stuck.
Welcome from Tucson AZ. HPnMORE4J has given you great advice!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I try to stay with the same mindset about getting stuck..... However out here in the Oregon Dunes things can get a bit crazy real fast, thank goodness for my wench...
oh a I mean winch! 😜

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. I have to agree on the 72" RC model as it comes with the accessory's that you will need for trail riding along with the stability, power and winch. Never say you will not get stuck lol. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
2020 X3 RC Turbo RR
62 Posts
Welcome. We will be permanently moved into east Texas very very soon.

NE Texas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts