Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking and reading and really enjoy the site, lots of great information from very knowledgeable members. I presently ride a tricked out 2012 Commander 1000X but looking at maybe going with a Maverick. Wish I could drive one to compare with the Commander but so far no joy. Anyone out there that may have owned both a Commander and a Maverick care to give me an opinion? My riding consist of high speed trail/fire roads here in the mountains of WV and most of my riding is from late October to early spring, i.e., winter riding due to no dust, no Golmer's, just high speed flying.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
there is no comparison stock vs stock. Not sure what you have done to your Commander though. If you can give up the luxury of the rear bed/trunk and the cargo capacity of the Commander, the maverick is superior in every other category... suspension, power, handling. Everything you want to do the kind of riding you are doing.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Coming from a commander I can tell you the biggest comfort for me is the suspension.. I do miss the bed but I haul at most a 30 pack and a tow strap. so its no big deal

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I drove my buddies commander a few times before I test drove the Mav and I agree the biggest difference is the suspension. Also the hp improvement is very noticeable. If you want to keep your commander, you will need to put a Magnum +4 LT kit on it to improve the suspension. Then open up the motor and add a 12:1 piston, head porting, bigger valves and better cams and you will be very close. Then you can keep your cargo bed areas.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Don't know when Can-Ams next free ride will be (besides in Texas), but if they come up near you, you can go ride the Maverick to see if you want to purchase one.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome and I have owned a commander 1000xt and loved it but the ride (suspension ) is so much better on maverick xxc I own now and very glad I switched ! Storage is only thing I miss from commander ! U learn to pack only necessities instead of everything under the sun ( always over packed myself) u will like the maverick !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts