Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After lurking for a couple of years now I've finally taken the plunge. Really excited. Naturally my wife was dead-set against it (some nonsense about me promising that I wouldn't buy any more toys). I first got two of the three kids on board and can happily report tonight that the one hold-out kid just drove the Maverick around the neighborhood screaming with glee. So now my wife accepts defeat and might even go with us to play some day. If any you are having trouble convincing your bride PM me for some tricks!

Anyway, we now have a '14 DPS 2 seater in the garage. My son and I put in the Can Am brand harness bar last night and got one of the Can Am brand harnesses installed. The harness was a bit more tricky than I expected but we got it done. I just ordered a gusset kit, tie rods and radius rods from Alex at Carolina Truggies. Oh and some rear fender supports. That's the top side of my budget for round one. In the future I'd like a 40" light bar, maybe a GPS.

Anyway, I'm curious how many owners there are around Oregon (Portland area). We'll likely use it at Florence for the most part, maybe a few trips to Sand Lake. Look for the Can Am being chased by a Redline Revolt (the toy I allegedly promised would be my last).

Hope to see some of you around.

Adam

PS: how the heck do I rotate a picture!

photo.JPG

·
Registered
614 Posts
Great news, from June to Sept. I will be in winchester bay a week each month. Hope to see you there some day. Check out Devious in the vendor section. They can get you great stuff and are close.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks k goodrich...

You're a lucky man to be able to go a week each month over the Summer! I'll let you know when I plan to go down there. Thanks for the tip on Devious. By chance I was looking at them just yesterday and am interested in a few items. I hadn't even noticed they are in Damascus which is 17 miles from where I live. That's handy, especially to save on shipping!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Simsy..congrats and welcome aboard. Lots of great people and information on here. There is a thread for horsfall beach started for the fourth of July where some of us are going to try and get together. I'm in Richland washington, just a very large stones throw away from you. We head down to coos bay dunes a few times a year...Congrats!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
545 Posts
Welcome aboard. We are near Eugene and ride Florence, the mountains around here, play in the snow and soon Central OR. Devious is a great local dealer with amazing customer service.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Welcome!!...enjoy the site lots of great info and people.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey, Simsy.

Just north of Seattle here but we make a couple trips a year to ride in Oregon. Congrats on the new ride!

Brandon

·
Registered
274 Posts
Beaverton OR Myself... I ride Mostly Winchester and Also Browns Camp, But do hit Florence, Coos and occasionally Sand Lake... Not to many Mavs out there yet!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome and nice ride! Good to see quite a few northwest guys on here. I'm in Vancouver, WA myself. We ride coos bay and Winchester bay mainly and occasionally Browns Camp up this way. One other friend of mine with a maverick in Eugene that usually comes along.

Looks like we could get a good showing of mav's if we planned it right!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome and nice ride! Good to see quite a few northwest guys on here. I'm in Vancouver, WA myself. We ride coos bay and Winchester bay mainly and occasionally Browns Camp up this way. One other friend of mine with a maverick in Eugene that usually comes along.

Looks like we could get a good showing of mav's if we planned it right!
it sounds like there will be alot of us in coos bay on memorial day.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the warm welcomes and tips. Wow, I'm also impressed with how many are from Oregon. I also have a Redline Revolt (a single seat but otherwise similar to a Maverick but 7 years older technology) and there are at least 10 Revolt owners in the Oregon area, all really cool guys. I'm not sure yet when I'll go down to the dunes but will shout out and maybe be able to meet a few of you guys over the Spring and Summer. Best, A

1 - 17 of 17 Posts