Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! New to the forum, new Mav X RS to pick up from the dealer on Saturday and new to sxs riding. Been on the motocross track my whole life, but injuries after injuries after injuries for the last 20 years have finally caught up. After my most recent shoulder surgery 6 weeks ago, the KTMs went up for sale and I bought a Maverick.
I have been reading the forum for a while and have found a vast amount of knowledge and good advice on here. I look forward to some quality time with the new machine and the wealth of knowledge found in here as I encounter repairs and upgrades. I have no doubt I will be happy with the decision.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Welcome sir,
your getting the right machine, going right to the top is the way to go if you can. Sounds like you did. Congrats.
one quick suggestion, get a torque wrench and make sure the beadlocker screws are at 72 inch pounds, again that is INCH.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats and your new toy. You will enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I imagine 72 foot pounds would be a little tight! I have a little inch pound torque wrench I plan on keeping right in it. Anyone run loctite on the bead locks?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I really would not suggest Loctite on them as they need to be removed and changed tires etc. I know you can use the blue or medium strength one and still break it free. I still don't suggest using it unless you have screw issues over and over. you will find they stay pretty tight over all and its just a part of maintenance checks. I have over 50 hrs on mine now and never needed It again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello all! New to the forum, new Mav X RS to pick up from the dealer on Saturday and new to sxs riding. Been on the motocross track my whole life, but injuries after injuries after injuries for the last 20 years have finally caught up. After my most recent shoulder surgery 6 weeks ago, the KTMs went up for sale and I bought a Maverick.
I have been reading the forum for a while and have found a vast amount of knowledge and good advice on here. I look forward to some quality time with the new machine and the wealth of knowledge found in here as I encounter repairs and upgrades. I have no doubt I will be happy with the decision.
Now you can hey radical again! This time you have a steel cage protecting you lol!

Cheers,
RiP

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now you can hey radical again! This time you have a steel cage protecting you lol!

Cheers,
RiP

My thoughts exactly!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the Maverick family! Do some reading and you will find most anything you need to know on here about the Maverick......enjoy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts