Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy, folks. My name is Buster and I'm located in middle GA. Just picked up my 2014 Mav Xrs DPS (red/wht/blk) a couple of weeks ago and am enjoying doing some mods to it. I previously had a heavily modded 2009 Renegade 800-X then a 2012 Rene 1000Xxc that also was heavily modded. Just getting started on the Mav. I'm somewhat active on a number of forums, primarily can-amtalk. Can't wait to carry on some friendly banter with you guys.

Buster

800.jpg
Rene1K.jpg
Mav.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: Tbtexas.com

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. The 250R is the last year they made them, 1986. I got it brand new when I was 15. Will never sell it. I did a lot of engine work and gearing changes to it along with an extended swing arm. It will run about 90. For 250R's, I had an 80, 83, 84 and then that 86 which I still have. Road dirt bikes prior to that starting when i was 2 on an Indian 50 with training wheels. Then moved up to YZ80's when I was 6.

Had this little rocket a few years back. It had a hopped up CR125 engine. Would run 125mph. 0-100-0 in under 10 seconds. Good times right there.

shifter.jpg

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to THIS forum. Im sure you will enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the addition of the Maverick to your stable!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I also had an 86 250R that I reluctantly sold about 4-5 years ago......It was beast but had too many toys at the time.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Welcome !!!! enjoy all the great info , tips, and helps... :)

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Welcome from NC! I still have my 250r quad but I need to sell it. I forgot all about it when I got my beast

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice ride you have there...
Congrats and welcome from tijuana bc mexico...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts