Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Maverick X3 XRS 72 "
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum Members,

Just a quick hello from the Southern Pacific region of Costa Rica. I shipped my 2017 Maverick X3 XRS from California last year and finally have it registered and road legal for use here.

·
Registered
X3 XRS R Triple Black
2,417 Posts
Welcome that’s great hopefully the relocation works out I have some friends who moved up in the 80’s and they miss the beautiful green environment

Shoot us some photos when you get out in the riding areas

Be safe down there

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
Welcome from Las Vegas

Reactions: CRJim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome that’s great hopefully the relocation works out I have some friends who moved up in the 80’s and they miss the beautiful green environment

Shoot us some photos when you get out in the riding areas

Be safe down there
The relocation has been great so far. And yes, I will get some pictures of the jungle trails to share.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome. What are the laws there regarding street use and riding on beaches?

Doesnt CR tax the crap out of any import vehicle? I’ve heard crazy numbers.
Actually, for the Maverick it wasn’t so bad on import duties. About 15% of the value which is far below what they assign to cars. That percentage is more like 60-70%.

As for the street legal stuff, I added a windshield with wiper and a blinker and horn kit. it passed inspection with no issues other then my light bar. They said next time it needs to be removed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice. I’ll be on the pacific side in a couple weeks. Hoping to find a good rental location to explore some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure how far south you will be but in Uvita there is Jungle ATV. Could be worth a call to see if they have rentals.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts