Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Just wanted to stop in here first to say hi! I am a new member coming over from Polaris. Traded my rzr 800 le in for a Maverick last May. I was on another Maverick site but it was dead. Hoping this one is a little more active.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Welcome- this one is busy. Glad your here.

Reactions: Dirt Racer 15

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Yeah the other site was a ghost town. I joined last year and have had two discussions in that amount of time. Coming from rzrforums where it was constantly busy made me wonder if I was in the wrong place.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
welcome to this forum. So what is your impression of the difference between the brands?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Glad you've moved over from the dark side! Welcome!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum and hope the Mav is treating you well. This forum is great place to discuss just about anything related to the Maverick. Also, lots of good vendors on here as well. As others have stated, how do you compare the over build quality of the Maverick to your Polaris?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Glad you could join us!!!! New guy always buy's the beer. haha Welcome !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
welcome to this forum. So what is your impression of the difference between the brands?
The Mav is def a refined ride compared to the rzr. My rzr was fun but was pretty rough on fit and finish. Ergos of the two are not even comparable. I compare it to riding in a covered wagon vs Lincoln Town car. Power wise it isn't a contest but I am also not comparing Apples to Apples.

Don't get me wrong I really liked my RZR and I completely thrashed it, but this Mav is just about 10 steps up. You can drive it in harder, drive it over rougher terrain and feel more confident it will do what I want it to do.

So far I love it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome, what kind of riding did you do in the 800 and what kind of riding are you doing in the mav?
Great question. Mostly high speed woods riding and TT racing. There is a pack of 6 of us that made a contest out of seeing who could run our fav riding woods at close to or at top speed. The TT racing was a lot of fun and I was able to win 11 out of 12 events and the Championship.

It helps that I also race dirt cars! Set up makes all the difference.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome to the forum and hope the Mav is treating you well. This forum is great place to discuss just about anything related to the Maverick. Also, lots of good vendors on here as well. As others have stated, how do you compare the over build quality of the Maverick to your Polaris?
Thanks hope to have many great discussions about it.

As far as build quality, hands down the Mav is a better built machine. So far Can Am has taken care of every issue ( Clutch Bolt Issue, Starter, Grab Handle) Good turn around on getting it fixed too.

I bought me Rzr new in 2009 and put about 650 hard miles on it. The shocks were shot, belt smoked at 25 hours ( During a race replaced with an EPI ) tore off 5 skid plate bolts, exhaust grommet fell out somewhere and rattled something fierce. Water Pump leak and a bad CV Joint. Constant battle keeping body fasteners in place or on at all. By the time I traded it off all of the wheel bearings were bad and all 4 shocks needed replaced. Biggest issue being the horrible spring sag.

So far the fit and finish on the Mav is far greater than the Rzr. I love the feel of the ride and the interior is awesome. Power wise what really needs to be said. Just starting to add accessories. Roof, Doors, Bumpers, Harnesses, Added extra bars on cage until I get my cage built. So far so good.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts